Sunday, July 04, 2010

[10.07.04] Dongwan’s memolog: Kalguksu*

*Kalguksu (literally “knife noodles”) is a Korean noodle dish consisting of handmade, knife-cut wheat flour noodles served in a large bowl with broth and other ingredients.

=============================================

To relieve my hangover I went to the supermarket and bought some noodles and pumpkin.
I got annoyed because I couldn’t decide whether to buy shellfish or anchovies so I bought Chungjungwon ‘matseonsaeng’ instead. (*a type of food seasoning, similar to MSG)
The moment I reached home
I added pumpkin, onions, spring onions and Cheongyang pepper into 700ml of boiling water.
After letting it cook for 5 minutes I added 2 spoonfuls of soy sauce, some salt for seasoning, and matseonsaeng.

No taste…ㅜㅜ

I tried adding some jorim soy sauce.

No taste……..-___________-;

Ah! Garlic!
I put in some garlic.
It was a little better but still seemed somewhat bland so I added more salt.
Too salty! Damn..
To neutralize the salty taste I added eggs.
Then the taste became something I don’t know at all.

But it was too wasteful to not eat it and throw it away.
So I dug out some over-fermented kimchi hidden in the depths of the kimchi refrigerator
And added the kimchi liquid and a bunch of kimchi.
Hmm~ It turned into a kimchi-flavored soup~ㅎㅎㅎ

Anyway you can’t trust matseonsaeng too much.
From next time onwards I’ll have to use miwon. (*another brand of food seasoning)

Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: