Sunday, December 12, 2010

[10.12.10] Kim Dongwan has been “discussing the topic of marriage with the members lately”

Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan disclosed that he has been discussing the topic of marriage with his fellow Shinhwa members, just as he has recently returned to his fans with a more mature outlook.

At the pre-fanmeeting press conference held on 9th Dec at Sangmyung University, he told reporters that he has “often been talking about the topic of marriage with the (Shinhwa) members.”

“We’re not in a hurry to get married but the members are all thinking that we shouldn’t exceed 35 or 36 years old. We also talk about how it’s difficult to meet girls who are not already getting married. We’d also talk about how in the past during our gatherings there’d be at least one or two girls around, now it’s only the guys.”

Kim Dongwan also displayed a great deal of enthusiasm for Shinhwa’s reunion. He said while there hasn’t been any concrete discussions just as yet, the members are very positive about embarking on group activities. Expressing his anticipation, he said, “I think we’ll get started not long after all the members have completed their military duties. The members all want to take to the stage as Shinhwa. Even though it’s not going to be easy but it will be fun.”

Kim Dongwan will start his activities in Korea in January, after he finishes with his fanmeetings in Japan. “There’s a high possibility that you’ll be seeing me on variety shows. I’m currently considering some drama projects whose scripts I’ve received. I’d like to play the role of an ordinary man but I’ll deliver whatever the director expects from me.”

Kim Dongwan also talked about his time in military service. “When I enlisted, I felt really worn out from stress and doubt. But now I’m feeling very motivated. The time I spent as a public service officer really helped me a lot.”

He added with a smile, “I was finally leading a regular life after 19 years, and partly taking an enforced break. In the past I used to think that meeting up with friends for a drink is considered as taking a break. Now I think not doing anything is considered as taking a break. I had a good break for my mind. I think it might have been better if I had enlisted earlier.”

Clearly as popular as before, more than 1,000 fans turned up for the fanmeeting.

Wrapping up things, he said, “I’m glad to be able to meet everyone in a good condition after such a long time. I hope all of you will enjoy yourselves as the year comes to a close, and I will work hard in my activities.”

Kim Dongwan has recently signed up with Liveworks Company, who also manages fellow Shinhwa member Shin Hyesung.

Credits: TV Report + Sports Today + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: