Thursday, December 20, 2007

[07.12.19] [Trans] Eric's interview at his Japan fanmeeting





Q: Just like the title of the drama, have you ever had a situation of Que Sera Sera? (Whatever will be, will be)

Eric: That has happened a few times, when I made my debut with Shinhwa, and starting out as an actor. During the time when Shinhwa was formed, we all stayed together to prepare for our debut. But I became an actor by chance, without being fully prepared and I was given the job.

When I was recommended to act in my first drama Breathless, it was really a case of que sera sera for me. I completed the project with the help from the people around me. The ratings for the show wasn't very good, but it was with the experience from that drama that allowed me to meet everyone through QSS eventually.

Q: How would you like to be recognized and remembered for your role in QSS?

Eric: Hmm...how should I say it? I've had quite a few different kinds of roles so far, whether it's the romantic type or the charismatic type. In QSS, Kang Tae Joo was both. I'm really glad that I took up this role.



Q: How has 2007 been for you?

Eric: From our debut til now, this year has been one of the most interesting. There were times when I was really busy, but I also had the time to take a good break, so the timing was pretty good. Next year Shinhwa will celebrate our 10th anniversary, and because of that, this year is a year that's worth celebrating. Next year we'll be having our concert and Shinhwa will also have activities as a group.


Q: During the concert (in Japan), you were being teased by the members for your hairstyle, but your hairstyle is really gorgeous today. What do you think of your hairstyles?

Eric: I often wear suits in dramas, so I will put some effort into complementing the suits with my hairstyles. As for concerts, I spend a long time on stage, singing while dancing, and I'd perspire a lot. It will be tough to maintain a hairstyle throughout. That's why I usually tie my hair up during concerts. Before this I usually had my hair all braided, but this time I tied half of it and braided the other half, and when we reached Japan, everyone called it the Samurai style. This kind of style used to appear in Korean period dramas in the past too. If anyone is unhappy with my hairstyle during the concert, I hope you can understand that it's a management decision. (laughs)



Q: With regards to the sexy Eric, do you do anything in particular to maintain that sexy image?

Eric: I don't have any secrets to this image, it's just people's opinions of me, whether performing on stage as a Shinhwa member or playing a character in a drama. For these I work out very hard. Usually I'm very lazy but it's because of these opportunities that I'm who I am today.


Q: Will you make your debut as a solo artiste and not as a Shinhwa member next year?

Eric: I've thought about releasing a solo album before, but I never could make it happen due to conflicts in schedules for other activities. But I'd still like to release a solo album no matter what. I have plans for that next year, but I can't promise anything. Andy's also releasing his solo album, then that would make me the only Shinhwa member not to go solo, that's why I'd like to release a solo album too. Besides, just before coming to Japan, I had a listen to the song that Minwoo wrote for me. It's quite likely that I'll be recording that song.


Source: ドラマ\x{97e9}
Chi trans: shin@fevEric
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwa.biz

No comments: