Tuesday, August 26, 2008

[08.08.24][news] Shin Hyesung: “Get nervous because of new challenge”

BRING OUT WITH FULL CREDITS

[08.08.24][news] Shin Hyesung: “Get nervous because of new challenge”

“Really nervous. You won’t write as ‘Shin Hyesung sudden change to Rock image’?” Whenever we mentioned about Shin Hyesung, we will associate him with ballad genres. However, such him has change.

Releasing his 3rd solo album “Side 1 – Live and Let Live” on the 26th, Shin Hyesung will be promoting the title song, “Because of You” and Awaken”, which is his first time challenge on Rock genres. Shin Hyesung processes the idol image as a ballad singer, although many people are resistance to the news upon hearing that he will be changing his style to Rock, however when meeting up with him on one of the bar in Seoul on the 21st, he said with a frank smile, “Surprisingly, my voice is suitable for Rock ballad as well.”

“Firstly, it didn’t mean that I will only produce Rock music (laughs). Up till now, adding up all of Shin Hyesung’s albums, 80% of them are ballads, therefore when I express that I want to produce Rock music, it gives everyone a shock. So far, I am focusing too much on only one genre, therefore now I want to challenge a new style. This is all for the sake of maturing in my music career. Through the release of this album, my music domain has probably broadened, therefore I am feeling very satisfied.”

“I have no deep attainments in Rock, with an idol image background and singing only ballads for solo, many composers didn’t reveal before me however I knew how worried they are behind my back. I feel laborious because of the first broadcast, although I have give thoughts of it beforehand however, I never expect it was so different from what I thought.”

Shin Hyesung ignored the tension surrounding him and selected British Rock, “Because of You” as the title song with risk. Fortunately, he will be using a clean image and not putting on a chain and leather jacket on stage to symbolized his rock image,

“Because I mentioned I want to sing Rock, many people around me warned me ‘Not to wear those chain kinds of stuffs in the programs’. Even if the title song isn’t Hardcore Rock, we are still able to wear those kinds of headwear (laughs).”

Other than Rock, this album of Shin Hyesung also included, Swing, Big Bang kind of music genres that he always wants to try. It seems liked he is concerned about the responses of the public. Therefore at the opening of the MV, “Because of You”, there’s a monologue saying, “Do not mind me. I do as I please” as he transmitted a different consciousness in regards to this album.

“It’s not easy for a ballad singer to sing non stop for 2 hours on his own songs. Because I want to use my own songs to fill up the whole concert, with the desire as a singer, depending merely with only my own records is impossible. During the concert, I will always sing the songs of other singers or Shinhwa songs, however thanks to this album, my concert next round will be more diversified and these content me.”

Shin Hyesung promised everyone that after “Side 1”, he will release “Side 2” during fall with sentimental ballads as a comeback because he wants to continue to protect the formula, “Shin Hyesung = ballad songs”.

“When preparing the 3rd solo, I have decided upon the kind of styles and ballad genres to promote. ‘Side 1’ is the kind of album that I want to do. ‘Side 2’ belongs to my domain in ballads. Having both albums combined together, there are a total of 16 tracks. As compared to a normal edition album, able to use music to present as a gift, I am really satisfied.”

Of course, Shin Hyesung is more anxious than anytime. Although he has debuted for 10 years, he said, “I didn’t know that a human can be so nervous upon taking up new challenge.”

“I am more anxious as compared to the 1st and 2nd album. Although the fans gave me many supports however I am more concerned about the appraisal from an average person. If everyone thinks that Shin Hyesung had done his best, this will prove my enhancement as a better singer, and this will be the Best (laughs).”

Credits: hyesungstory@Shinhwachangjo.net (English translation) + evmist@bestshinhwa (Chinese translation) + Donga (source)

No comments: