Sunday, March 06, 2011

[11.03.02] Consolidated news: Dongwan on Strong Heart (Pt 2)

On the 1st March episode of SBS ‘Strong Heart’, Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan shared even more of Shinhwa’s legendary antics.

After listening to the Big Bang members talk about clubbing, Kim Dongwan talked about how Junjin, Minwoo and Eric respectively took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in a “sexy” dance competition held at a club, showing their enjoyment for nightlife despite their idol status.

To the amusement of the studio guests, he added, “The idols these days hide the fact that they like to go to clubs, but we really wanted to show it.”

“Junjin won an audio system at that time. It’s a good thing that there weren’t phone cameras back then. If there were, there wouldn’t be Shinhwa now.”

Big Bang’s Seungri then expressed his respect for his seniors, “They are legends indeed.”

When the MCs asked G-Dragon who in Big Bang he thought are similar to Shinhwa members in terms of personality and behavior, he replied, “Seungri, TOP and myself. Daesung and Taeyang are more like the H.O.T seniors.”

Seungri then added, “Stories of the Shinhwa seniors are legendary among the current boy bands. Although we are scared, but we want to live like the Shinhwa seniors, even if it’s just for once.” He then went on to share a story about how fellow Big Bang member TOP hid in the bathtub to avoid his next schedule.

Kim Dongwan then shared an incident similar to that. “Eric often hid in the bathtub too. He would hide there in order to scare us, but he fell asleep instead.

Kim Dongwan went on to talk about his stylist then, a girl of the same age hailing from Busan, whom he nicknamed ‘Carp’.

“She was really stressed out by me. My bag was really precious to me not because it was expensive but because my medicine and pills were all in there. One day I couldn’t find my bag and I got really worked up. I kept on yelling at her, “Where’s my bag?!” Then she pointed to a spot near my feet and there it was. Even now, Hyesung and Eric would still tease me, “Dongwan ah, where’s your bag? Where’s your bag?!” “

Kim Dongwan shared yet another interesting episode, “There was once when Stylist Carp even cried after getting scolded by me. We were waiting to go on a music show. Hyesung wanted to go to the washroom perhaps to blow his nose, and there were girl groups like Jewelry and Fin.K.L in the same waiting room with us, so he quietly asked Stylist Carp, “Please give me some tissue”, but Stylist Carp embarrassed Hyesung when she tactlessly replied loudly, “Why? Are you going to take a dump?”

“That stylist was often reprimanded by me for being tactless and insensitive. She eventually quit.” When MC Kang Ho Dong asked if there was anything he wanted to say to Stylist Carp, Kim Dongwan had this to say, “Carp, I take care of my own bag now. But I think you really went too far in Hyesung’s case. Wherever you may be now, I hope you are happy.”

MC Kang Ho Dong then asked when everyone can expect to see Shinhwa back as one again, to which Kim Dongwan replied, “In 2012, we definitely will reunite and be back on stage again.”

Kang Ho Dong then asked, “Is that your wish or is that a promise?”

Kim Dongwan replied, “It’s a promise.”

Credits: Newsen + TV Report + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: