Sunday, November 04, 2012

[Update] Kim Dong Wan Will Focus Primarily on Family for 2 Years After Marriage

On November 1, Kim Dong Wan and the cast of KBS’ new daily drama, Cheer Up, Mr. Kim gathered together at the press conference held at the 63 City Juniper Hall in Yeouido. 

During the press conference, Kim Dong Wan was asked about his marriage plans. 

“Of course I want to get married quickly,” said Kim Dong Wan. “Three months ago, I finally moved out of my parents’ house, and after living by myself, I realized that I need to have a wife.”


“I began to think that no human being is programmed to live alone. If there’s a nice person and she agrees, I want to get married immediately,” continued the singer-turned-actor. "When I get married, I want to rest from work for two years. Not saying that I′ll take a break from everything, but other than Shinhwa activities and other important things, I want to focus on my family."

Then he talked about the jealousy he felt towards Jae Hee, who recently revealed that he has a wife and child. “I made my debut at the same time as Jae Hee. When I heard about his marriage and child, I wasn’t shocked, but more jealous. I kept thinking, ‘I need to get married quickly too…’”

He finally said, laughing “My original plan was to get married when I was 35, but that’s already next year.” 

Kim Dong Wan will be playing the character Kim Tae Pyung, who works odd jobs to provide for his four adopted children. 

The drama will begin on November 5. 

This article was edited on November 2, 10:15 a.m. KST, to reflect a translation error with Kim Dong Wan′s quote on activities after marriage. We apologize for the confusion.

Photo Credit: KBS

No comments: