Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Andy - "Lovers In Prague; A Reflection Rather Than A Humiliation"




This year is 2007, and it has been 9 years since the group Shinhwa first debuted. Now each of the Shinhwa members has signed a contract with a new agency to start the individual activity. Shinhwa, being a group, has achieved huge success in the past years. Now, the members are seeking their own suitable fields to develop just like hot boiling lava.



Next year will be the 10th year since Shinhwa first debuted. In those years, Shinhwa has reached the highest position as a k-pop group. However, I think none of us has ever reached such a position as an individual. If it takes 100% of efforts for Shinhwa to achieve the highest point, then it will take 200% of efforts for each shinhwa member to achieve it.”

Andy says “ To be a producer is my long-term dream, but now I want to be recognized as an actor first.

Unlike the other shinhwa member who has exploited their own market, Andy's next move is still unknown. Eric and Kim Dong Wan are focusing on acting, and Junjin and hyesung are concentrating on singing. There is only Andy who hasn’t showed his speciality. But finally, Andy established his own ND Entertainment company to start his own activities.
“Although I've founded the ND Entertainment, I don’t want to start training new singers right now. Being a successful producer like Chul Yeon Hae, Park Jin Young is what I am aim to pursue.

Watching Lovers in Prague to reflect and learnt from Song Seung Hun, Andy thinks he is an actor. He first challenged acting through the drama 'Lovers in Prague', and he welcomed any criticisms on his performance openly. He further added ”I think it was a mistake for me to try the Lovers in Prague because I didn't know any acting skills at that time, not even the basic acting knowledge. Although I have been in Sitcoms and TV dramas, I cannot do well w/o some basic learning about acting. In addition, due to the time overlapping, I didn't have a chance to watch my own dramas. So, I'd rather take it as an opportunity to reflect than avoiding it. “

After the establishment of the ND Entertainment, Andy decided to concentrate on acting and take it as a new starting point. Andy quitted the MC of the show, Popular Song, which he has been in for 2 years, and he also refused several shows and fixed TV programs.



Now I am taking some basic acting classes from Joo Yeong Jun , the acting teacher of Song Hae Gyo and Song Seung Hun. Recently when I am at home, I hold a cork in my mouth to practice phonation. And now I start speaking slowly on purpose, don't you notice? Have faith in myself. Don't care what other people say.

Andy knows the importance of practice more than any one else.
Not only the general audience, even Andy's fans from the fan club ever questioned his acting and criticized. Even though, Andy still persisted and believed in himself. He will continue acting and he believes practice will make a difference.

When we were in the SM as trainees, we worked really hard. I believe I won't be on the stage w/o that hardship and practices I've gone through. Normally, we need to practiced for 5 months just for the 5 minutes on stage alone. Without preparation and practice, you can achieve nothing. I have faith in myself and I believe nothing is impossible with unremitting efforts.

Andy further added "Acting is like a mountain for me to climb. I don’t expect people to say I am a talented actor and I just want to show that I am making progress. My goal is to hear people say : "Oh, Andy is more and more like an actor!"

Andy will focus on acting and learning during the first half of this year. After the release of Shinhwa's 9th jib in the second half year (this fall), Andy is going to show us his brand new face as an actor through films or dramas.

Credits : Shinhwa.biz + si angelix (translation) + Mydaily (Source)
nb. Take out with proper credits
Taken from this thread -->
http://shinhwa.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=402
Angelix@soompi.com/forums
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90&st=19420

No comments: