Monday, December 11, 2006

JunJin "feels that solo singers are, worth our respect."

JunJin from Shinhwa has shed 7~8kg in a month because of his solo activities, showing his fighting spirit.

“While I was having my solo activities, I lost about 7~8kg of my body weight,” JunJin said in a recent interview with Newsen. “The job was originally already tougher than usual, but I told myself that I want to have activities like someone who has just debuted.”

After releasing his single on 16th November, JunJin’s busy schedule began to take effect. The schedule was so tight that he could only sleep for 2 hours a day on an average. Although his life is resembles one of a emergency team soldier, JunJin is working hard for acknowledgement not as JunJin from Shinhwa, but JunJin the singer.

JunJin said, “While we are doing group activities, the other members can help to make up for the areas in which I am not good at, and at that time, I thought that imperfections were natural,” however, “Now it is different. I never thought that being a solo singer would be so difficult. I will be responsible right to the end. I always feel that solo singers are worth our respect.”

“Especially for someone like me who has always left an impression on others because of my dancing skills, to sing ballads for a change with the risk of failing is like fighting with yourself,” he said as the memories of the preparation process for his solo single came back to him, “There was a time whereby a part of me said, ‘JunJin, you are a dancer and a rapper’, while the other part of me kept encouraging myself. I have thought of giving up before. When there was a lot of pressure, I even had a phobia of the recording studio.”

JunJin also expressed with a smile that, “I have walked until here in this kind of situation. The first time I stood on the stage as a solo artist, I worked hard to become JunJin the singer, and not JunJin from Shinhwa. I am used to it now, and I have become even more stable even in a concert.”

“I have had a lot of desire to dance lately,” JunJin mentioned lastly. “However, I am now focusing on ballads. Even though I still have a lot of imperfections from the viewpoint of a fan, but I will still try my best keep improving. I feel very fortunate now.

Credits: akemi <3@shinhwachangjo.net>

No comments: