Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sina: JunJin's exclusive interview

Sina Entertainment is pleased to know that JunJin's debut single is finally released, after all the effort he has put in it.
The fans (known as Orange Princesses) weren't disappointed, as the single topped the charts soon after its release.

Debut Solo Act very lonely, hard work paid off after single sold well

JUNJIN: Sina internet friends, hello, I'm JUNJIN. It's my solo single and I've worked extremely hard in preparing it.
I hope you all will like it. I will work even harder in my debut album and activities. I will be a hardworking JUNJIN.

Sina: What are your thoughts on your solo single?

JUNJIN: Although this is my debut solo single, but seeing so many rave reviews and feedbacks, boosted my confidence.
I will work harder on my singing and learn as much as possible. I think I can give everyone a positive image.

Sina: What are your thoughts on doing activities as a solo artist?

JUNJIN: I feel lonely. Previously, I have the other Shinhwa members with me on the stage, I felt earnest.
But now that I'm on stage by myself, I felt cold and I need to overcome that. Now I know how hard it is to be a singer.
But everyone need not worry, I will overcome all obstacles.
 
Sina: Why did you choose a ballad as your first single?

JUNJIN: At first, the company & I wanted to release a dance number as my debut single.
But later when I heard "Love Doesn't Come," I like it alot and wanted to share it with everyone.

Upon learning JUNJIN's ill, his friends used his ringtone

Sina: How did you practice your singing?

JUNJIN: I practised in my car and at home. I also went to the studio with my manager to practice to record a Demo.
I brought the CD home with me and practised over and over again. When I got my CD, I could picture images in my brain.
I was thinking if I didn't put in effort, how will the CD turn out? After all the effort being put in the CD, that's why I felt good about the songs in the CD.
I fell ill recently, my vocals are affected. When I release my debut solo album, I will put in MORE effort and sing good songs for everyone.

Sina: What are your thoughts standing on the stage as a solo artist? You don't look nervous at all?

JUNJIN: I have many singers giving me tonnes of suggestions. They tell me about their stage experiences. Although I haven't stand on the stage as a solo artist, but then I'm have a familiar feel standing on the stage. They helped me alot.
Taking on the stage alone for the first time, I'm bound to make mistakes.
But on the day of the performance, everything went well. I know the encouragement from the other Shinhwa members and the experiences given by the other singers helped me alot. After the performance, I felt really hyper.

Sina: Looks like friends around you have high hopes for your debut single?

JUNJIN: I didn't force anyone, but some of the Shinhwa members and some friends have changed their ringtones to my songs. After I released my single, I called them and heard my ringtone (the kind where you could hear the music while your phone is dialing through a number). I felt happy for the first time since I haven't felt anything like that before.
I've got a thought of having a concert. Being chosen as having charismatic eyes really gave me a happy feel.

Sina: Thinking of having a concert?

JUNJIN: I did but I'm not sure when I will. Maybe after the first or 2nd album.
I have alot of ideas for my concert, I hope everyone will enjoy. But right now, the most important thing is my debut album.
I think I need to have alot of good songs before I can have my concert.

Sina: Heard that you got chosen as the artist with most charismatic eyes

JUNJIN: It's a direct voting by artists. I got chosen as the artist with most charismatic eyes, I felt extremely pleased.
I think there's almost 100 votes by the other artists. I'm not sure why I was chosen but I'm thankful.

Fans work hard in learning Korean, JunJin knows.

Sina: There's many China & Japan fans learning Korea, do you know why?

JUNJIN: There's alot of China & Japan fans studying & working in Korea, and learning Korean at the same time.
I could really feel that the fans learn Korean because of Shinhwa. I know that and will treasure their effort in my heart.
I will work harding to repay the efforts put in by the fans.

Sina: Didn't you perform as a solo artiste during the Shinhwa concerts?

JUNJIN: Those were before I officially debut as a solo artist, and I still felt hyper.
During Shinhwa's Asian Tour, I did my own solo act. I took it as a learning experience. It all help me when I debuted officially as a solo artist. Recently, I felt more comfortable performing on stage than on tv shows.

Wants to be close to Aaron Kwok, and perform in China.

Sina: Having thoughts of performing in China?
JUNJIN: If everyone is willing, I'll be glad to go. I will put on an outstanding performance.
I thinking China fans are different from Japan fans, and I'm more closer to the China fans.

Sina: Why China?

JUNJIN: In the past, I've performed in China many times with Shinwa. But I want to go as a solo artist.
One of my close brothers graduated from a university in China. We talked on the phone and he told me many things about China. I've been there many times, and I felt comfortable and suitable there.
I've performed with Aaron Kwok before. My backup dancers have danced for him too, so I felt I'm close to him

Sina: Lastly, say some things to your Sina Internet friends.

JUNJIN: I've released my single. I've received alot of support while in Korea doing solo activities.
Whether I'm acting or singing, I will work hard.

Credits: Koreaguy, double J + hikki@shinhwasarang
English Translation: AtelierGal@SimplyDongwan

No comments: