Saturday, June 25, 2011

[11.06.21] Eric, “I’ll show a new side that’s comparable to, but different from Dokko Jin”

The upcoming KBS2 drama “Spy Myungwol”, also the post-discharge comeback drama for both Eric and Lee Jin Wook, held its press call on the afternoon of 20th June at the KBS drama production center in Suwon.

The drama stars Han Ye Seul as the titular spy from North Korea, who gets entangled in a haphazard romance with top Hallyu star Kang Woo, played by Eric.

Kang Woo is a character who wears only made-in-Italy suits and drinks only the best mineral water made with gold and diamond, with the ability to turn everything around him into a sensation.

On the other hand, Lee Jin Wook plays the role of an elite North Korean agent Choi Ryu. Well-trained in all weaponry and martial arts, Choi Ryu is a killing machine who’s capable of perfectly executing all orders. He travels south to aid Han Myungwol (played by Han Ye Seul) in her mission.

Eric said, “Because it’s my first project after getting discharged from the army, I’m as nervous as I am excited. That’s why I’ve prepared harder for this than for my previous projects.”

When asked about a possible comparison between the popular character of Dokko Jin (played by Cha Seung Won) from the MBC drama “Best Love”, Eric said, “I’m actually a fan of the drama too. When I saw the script I did see some similarities, and I thought I should say my lines like how Dokko Jin would. But I want to show a new side that’s different from, but comparable to Dokko Jin.”

Lee Jin Wook also shared his thoughts. “I’m very nervous because it’s my first project after returning from military service. For some reason I feel that I can’t shake off the links to the army but I think I’ve really become an adult after military service.”

Credits: Nocut News + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: