Saturday, June 25, 2011

[11.06.21] Spy Myungwol’s Eric, “I thought a lot about dramas and acting during my long break”

Having gone on a 2-year hiatus due to his military obligations, singer/actor Eric will be returning to TV screens with the upcoming KBS2 drama, “Spy Myungwol”. This is his first drama after “Strongest Chil Woo” in 2008.

During a press call for the drama held at 5pm on 20 June at the KBS Drama Production Center in Suwon, Eric said, “Since it’s my comeback project, everyone is anticipating it, and I’m just as nervous. I’ll do my best to present a fun and interesting drama that the audience will also enjoy.”

He added, “During my long break, I thought a lot about acting. In the past I was concerned with how to make myself stand out. Now I hope that i can make a good drama where my acting can complement and show off the rest of the cast.”

“Spy Myungwol” is a story about a female North Korean spy who is ordered to get married to South Korea’s biggest star and bring him to North Korea. Han Ye Seul plays the titular character.

Essentially a spy/intelligence drama, Eric has a considerable number of action scenes with Han Ye Seul. The cast and crew have just returned on location filming in Singapore, and Eric had only praise for his co-star. “There was a scene in Singapore where we had to run on the beach. I was really tired from the heat but Han Ye Seul remained energetic and continued to run tirelessly. I was really surprised when she managed the wire scenes with ease too.”

Han Ye Seul also expressed her satisfaction with her co-star. “The Shinhwa members are all very open-minded and outgoing so that’s great. When we met for the first time, Eric was more shy and uncomfortable around strangers than I thought, but as we got to know each other better, it’s less like that and we’re more comfortable with each other.”

“Spy Myungwol”, starring Eric, Han Ye Seul, Lee Jin Wook and Jang Hee Jin, is directed by Hwang In Hyuk of “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” fame, and has received much attention and anticipation. The drama is slated to take over “Babyfaced Beauty” and will air its first episode on 11 July.

Credits: ETO + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: