Saturday, January 15, 2011

[11.01.13] Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan dated two actresses before



Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan, who completed his military service in December last year, has made his return to the variety show circuit after a hiatus of 2 years.

Kim Dongwan recorded an episode of tvN’s “Taxi” which will be broadcast on 13 Jan at 12 midnight, sharing some of his personal stories.

MC Lee Young-ja asked, “There were often rumors of you dating actresses, but were you really in a relationship with anyone?” To which Kim Dongwan candidly answered, “There were two”, drawing much attention for his reply.

He aroused more curiosity when he added, “Both are younger than me by a year, and both of them have already gotten married.”

He also talked about how his ideal type has changed before and after his military service. He said, “After I passed the age of 30, my interest in girls has decreased by half. Before my military service I liked girls whom everyone acknowledges to be pretty, like Song Hye Gyo. Now I like girls who are pretty only in my eyes.”

He added, “Just like what my manager says, I seem to like girls whose faces seem to have been rubbed over by an eraser. I like girls whose features are not too pronounced.”

He also talked about his difficult high school days when he had to stay in a rented basement room. “Back then, I even unashamedly took free rice that was meant for the needy. As the only son, since I was young I’ve decided that I must achieve success, for my mother who went through the hardship all by herself.”

Kim Dongwan also talked about how he nearly ended up making his debut in a mixed group together with Lee Hyori. During his high school years, he took part in more than 20 auditions to join showbiz, and at one particular company, he was preparing to debut as part of a mixed group with Lee Hyori and Lee Jihye. However, plans were called off after Lee Hyori got scouted by a big entertainment company.

On this episode, one of his peers from his time as a public service officer appeared on the show and talked about Kim Dongwan’s “nude dance incident”. Non-showbiz friends of Kim Dongwan also made appearances on the show and shared interesting stories from his time as a public service officer and his time in the high school band.

This episode will be aired on tvN at 12 midnight later.


Credits: OSEN + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: