Thursday, February 04, 2010

[10.02.03] Dongwan’s reviewlog: Shinya Shokudo

Dongwan mentions the movie Himitsu in this entry. It’s a novel by Keigo Higashino and was made into a Japanese film released in 1999, directed by Yōjirō Takita. The story centers on a man whose wife and daughter are in a terrible accident; the wife dies, but when the daughter wakes up, he discovers his wife’s mind inside.
=======================================


Author: Abe Yaro
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Kobayashi Kaoru.
He was really good in the movie ‘Himitsu’~
The scene where he tried to hinder Ryoko Hirosue’s date by imitating an alien was pretty funny…ㅋ

8 years ago.. So I was 24 then. After watching the movie ‘Himitsu’ I was stunned for a period of time.
The final scene of the movie clearly implied that within Ryoko Hirosue, who returned as the daughter, the wife existed.
To me, who has lived in Korea for more than 20 years, I certainly couldn’t see that scene as anything else other than ‘lies’ or ‘immorality’…
The movie depicted a happy ending. But somehow it sent me into a state of panic.
I was thinking, ‘In Japan is it also a happy ending for a man to be abandoned in this manner?’
But I don’t know since when.
‘If there was a time that person existed as my woman,
Can’t I sincerely give my blessings to the woman I love when she has another life?’
I started to think this way. Slowly over a long time…

In this drama series, there are people experiencing big and small problems.
But everyone is definitely standing in his own place and living life.
These are not stories of people who only dream and do nothing else,
These are little stories of people who live by squarely face things that are placed in front of them.

But if you watch this at night you certainly will want to eat something. Please watch this after meals…

p.s.
Perhaps minors may find this a little hard to understand or strange..^_^;

Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: