Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dongwan - Hanavi Magazine (Japanese mag)


Thanks to angelix, I was able to read the Hanavi magazine.
http://shinhwa.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=3035

The article was rather interesting so I decided to translate it.


************************************************** ******

You released your solo album in your 9th year. How do you feel now? And both Lee Minwoo and Shin Hyesung have also started their solo activities. Do you see them as your rivals?

I'm nervous now. But the fact that my first album is supported by so many people makes me happy. And I'm not competing with my members.There are many advantages. We use same backstage room so it's comfortable worikng together.

You are a singer and an actor. When can we see you on TV?

As for acting, not for now. I was planning to participate in a sports drama this winter, but because we need to make a new album, I decided to postpone acting.

The album means Shinhwa's 9th album?

Yes. Release date has not been fixed but we are planning to release it by early next year at the latest.

I read your article saying you want to be a MC when you get old. Have you imagined what you will be like 10 years from now?

Hmm... 10 years from now... I think I will be a married MC and an actor... or a singer? An actor or a singer... Actually, I don't know what I really want to do in the future.

Eventhough it's acting, I thinkg it's facsinating to live somebody else's life.

It's not facsinating. It's rather suffering. If the character is similar to me, it's fun. But to live somebody else's life means I need to make up the person from the beginning to the end. This is pretty suffering.

What about singing?

Acting and singing are both hard. I once stood on the stage unpracticed and was so embarrased.

If it's suffering to play a character, you need to work really hard when acting...

Of course I work hard but usually I follow director's instructions.

That's surprising. I thought you are an assertive type.

If you stick to your opinion, you might screw up the director's message in the work. It's same with the singing. So I don't know about other things but as for acting and singing, I take all the advices from the director and the composer.

You have a fine image as a star. Do you have a rule within yourself when controling your image?

I don't control my image but when going out with a girl, I unconsiously control my image.

That's why you don't have scandals.

If it's leaked out, my girlfriend will have difficult times and especially in my case, I need to be responsible for many things. That's whay I didn't...

************************************************** ******
Eng trans: kikissxx @ shinhwa.biz

No comments: