Monday, August 17, 2009

Bits and pieces from M oppa’s concert (16 Aug 2009, Olympic Hall)

First things first – no fanpics/fancams with this post yet coz 1) I can’t multi-task for nuts so pretty much everything is captured in my heart; 2) I’m still trying to figure out how to use that damn camera that I bought at the airport… -_-* But I’ll throw in some key news pics – more news pics and fanpics from other fans coming in the next post…

It’s gonna be tough trying to give a blow by blow account… coz for me it was one big performance from the start til the end, and not a set of songs – I don’t think it’s the best concert he has ever held (meaning the technical aspects), but I think it’s certainly the most heartfelt one… I was already starting to fight back my tears by only the middle of the show… T_T So anyway I’ll just try to fill in the parts that really left an impression on me…

Very unfortunately the venue wasn’t fully filled, which is a shame given that it’s his last concert before his enlistment. He had a performance on Inkigayo just before the concert, so I really don’t know if anything happened during that performance and how it might have affected him – but it’s the first time that I could feel M’s fatigue… He felt drained – physically, mentally, emotionally – and when he asked if he can finally rest I think no one could bear to refuse (he said that he hasn’t stopped since high school, and he really wanted to rest now, then he thanked his parents and all the fans – he choked a little here- and he sang ‘The Way Home’..) We didn’t even call for an encore tonight (granted that the concert lasted 4 hours). BUT this doesn’t mean he gave a halfhearted performance or anything – if he gives 120% usually, he gave 200% tonight…

There was a point where he said that during a performance on one of the music shows, he couldn’t see any orange color and he was really upset about it (this really got to me… and I really lost it from here onwards), after that the fans started to apologize and shouted out cries of ‘Mianhaeyo’ – he said it was ok, the fans can leave him, but not Shinhwa… He’d be really angry with us if he still doesn’t see any orange color when Shinhwa returns… T_T

Then there was a segment where some variety show called ‘Teacher’s Here’ (Boom’s one of the MCs) filmed a hidden camera segment earlier and then revealed it during the concert, where M’s high school English teacher dropped by. It was nice and all, but I thought that really really disrupted the entire flow of the concert -_-* Anyway, he then said he’s very gullible, and pretty much believes just about anything that people tell him, case in point – Wannie’s Hidden Camera segment with M and Hyesung…

He kept saying ‘Saranghae’ a lot to us today – I know he says it a lot usually, but today he really said it A LOT, it’s like he spent the last bit of his strength to make sure that we know that. Oppa, you didn’t have to, because we knew all along…

Shinhwa sightings: No HS (in Japan), no RicWan (well even if they were there they were out of sight), Andy came on stage but had to leave for filming or something, Jin turned up and stood together with the fans at the beginning of the concert…

Jin_090816

Jin2_090816

Ok… let’s talk about happier things *sigh*… Well for a start we had a lot of topless M today XDDD, maybe it’s safe to say for half of the concert? LOLOL

will upload all pics shared next time Yaksok ^^

There was of course he just HAD to bring a fan onstage and do his ‘Pretty Woman’ routine – but it was a really young cute fan who prolly will never forget this moment for the rest of her life (who would??)… Anyway throw in a few back hugs, one big front hug, a kiss on her hand, walking down the ‘aisle’ together, serenading her, cheek to cheek moments – and you get a lot of fans dying from a jealousy attack (yours truly included – A MAJOR JEALOUSY FIT)

Then when he performed ‘Summer Time’ a huge shower came down on us – that was way fun! I wish there were more of that though… ok we did have the mandatory splashes of water from M and his dancers via water bottles and water guns, especially during ‘Eusha Eusha’

Special guests: Baek Ji Young did 2 songs (she’s one helluva singer…), Cool did 3 songs, Jo Hye Ryun came on during ‘Summer Time’ (I gotta say this ahjumma is one HAWT mama – must be her TV persona but I never expected her to have such a fab bod). And Park Ji Bin turned up too – man that boy’s gonna grow up to be a bad-ass B-Boy… that poppin’ and lockin’!

Special performances: That new song that he was supposed to perform – either my attention lapsed or he didn’t sing it, coz I don’t remember it… He did SNSD’s ‘Gee’ complete with the dance steps (way better than the original LOL) featuring a comic dance segment from 2 of the dancers; and also Jason Mraz’s ‘I’m Yours’…

As always, his dance tracks always do a fantastic job of hyping up the atmosphere: Minnovation, Play My Song, Bump, Eusha Eusha etc… it was party madness towards the end, where he then ended his last concert before enlistment with ‘Last First Kiss’… T_T

I’m gonna miss him a lot… the year ahead is gonna be a tough one before the 4D and the Crajee return… T_T

On a side note, I got a pic with Omoni!!!! She’s such a friendly lady… It totally runs in the family And that’s it from me for now… Outz…



credits to Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: