Friday, March 06, 2009

[09.03.06] Junjin: The desperation of seeing 0 in my bank account made me who I am today

Rising to the status of idol star together with the rest of Shinhwa, and then becoming a force to be reckoned with in the variety world, Junjin shared with us the secret behind his successful transformation.

During a recent interview with Sports Seoul, we asked Junjin, “Don’t the other Shinhwa members envy you for being so active in the variety circle?” His reply - “Dongwan hyung texted me and asked me, ‘What do I need to do to fare as well as you?’ and I asked him in return if he had ever experienced not having a single cent in his bank account.”

“After being cheated several times, I ended with a zero in my bank account. And after having been through that, when I started working on ‘Infinite Challenge’, I didn’t think about my image as an idol at all, I just unconditionally worked hard at it. Seems that doing that got me the recognition from the viewers.”

Haha, who was the one of the original IC members but had to leave for military service, also sent Junjin a text message to encourage him. Junjin said, “I’m already close to Haha hyung to being with, when I got confirmed as an IC member, Haha hyung sent me a message that read, ‘Work hard on my behalf too!’ That really gave me a lot of strength.”

Source: Sports Seoul
Chi trans: susan427@Bestshinhwa
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: