Sunday, April 19, 2009

[09.04.16] Shin Hyesung: I did a random dance when I auditioned for Shinhwa


On the 15th April episode of SBS music program ‘Kim Jung Eun’s Chocolate’, singer Shin Hyesung introduced the song ‘Love Without Regrets’ by the group Position, taken off their 1996 debut album as an unforgettable song that he holds dear to his heart. “I sang this song at an audition for the group that eventually made its debut as Shinhwa.”

“I didn’t aspire to be a singer at first. By chance I followed a friend who had dreams of becoming a singer to the audition and I sang in front of Mr Lee Soo Man. I only got to sing a very short part of the song, so I thought that I was going to get dropped.”

However Shin Hyesung was then asked to dance. He recalled, “At that time I was told to do a dance, but I really couldn’t dance at all. Although at auditions you would do anything to get selected but I flat refused and said, ‘I’m afraid I don’t like to dance. I won’t dance and I can’t dance.’ But the music had already started and I couldn’t do anything but to do a random dance.”

After that revelation, the audience all wanted to see the now-balladeer Shin Hyesung in action, and he eventually abandoned his reservations and performed an adorable dance to the cheers of the audience.

Shin Hyesung has been actively promoting his 3rd album with the title track ‘Why Did You Call’, where the music video was shot in Japan. To the amusement of the audience, he also shared the story of having to put up with the smell of manure on the snow while he had to maintain his composure to convey sad emotions for the filming.



Source: Newsen
Trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: