Wednesday, November 18, 2009

[09.11.12] Andy interview: Say goodbye to An-Sobang…. He’s now a sexy man

My dearest fans, please stop wandering around and return to
me. It’s time to come back.
sweet reminder :)
Andy is back with his 2nd album, but he’s telling us that he is no longer ‘An-sobang’. On stage, he no longer shoots hearts and winks. Just like his title track, Andy has now become a chic ‘Single Man’.



I WANT TO BE A MAN WITH A TOUCH OF SEXINESS




Andy began the interview by talking about his loneliness as a ’single man’ for the past few years. His voice gives weight to the fact that he really wants to escape from the loneliness of being single, and perhaps it’s also because he is working hard to shed his cutie-pie image in favor of a sexier one.

“Compared to a cute guy, a sexy guy is more popular, isn’t it? So that’s why I’m working on a more masculine charm. The reason behind using ‘Single Man’ as the title track is because I wanted to be sexier too…”

If ‘Love Song’ and ‘Propose’ are sweet dance tracks, then ‘Single Man’ is a sophisticated electronica track. Andy has moved on to a more polished look for visual consistency with the music. Dressed in his monotone suits, his new image conveys a luxurious and masculine feel.

In addition, he has solid support from Jumper rapper Park Dong Min and rookie actor Seo Min Woo, who lend their vocals to the title track. When asked if he has betrayed (?) Shinhwa to set up his own group, Andy expresses with regret that some fans share the same view.

“What about Shinhwa… Why did you form a new group…. There are many people who asked these questions too. I’m not forming a new group, this is to enhance the performance, and also to allow the two juniors to accumulate some stage experience as well.”

Before he made his debut, Andy had also rapped for S.E.S, and recalling his own experience of nerves and stage fright back then, he hopes to make the performance as enjoyable as possible for the two juniors.

It seems that Andy now has many juniors too. He says that 10 years passed by just like that, and sticks out his tongue when he quips that he’s the oldest among the guests when he turns up for show recordings.

“There are many great juniors out there too, and aren’t there newcomers all the time? Looking at them I’d be thinking about how I was once like that too, and about the memories of our activities then. But the sad thing is that my fans are always being attracted by the younger singers. I’d like to take this opportunity to say something to my fans: My dearest fans, please stop wandering around and return to me. It’s time to come back.” (laughs)

It was in such a pleasant atmosphere that the interview progressed. As a singer with 10 years of experience behind him, Andy is already able to remain passionate no matter how bogged down he is. He says in all honesty that he will not share his thoughts freely if he had chosen to distance himself from me. “If I’m just answering questions then this wouldn’t be an interview, it would just be answering a questionnaire.”


- It seems that the album’s release date was delayed? I heard that it was scheduled to be released in the summer.
▲ It was scheduled for summer, that’s right. I just ended the filming for the drama and I was thinking of taking a good rest after the drama, but I think the fans would be upset if I delayed it any longer.

- How long have you been single for you to name your title track ‘Single Man’? Isn’t there anyone that Andy likes or anyone who likes you?
▲ I really haven’t had a girlfriend in a really long time, and no girls have tried to get to know me too. I don’t think I’ve got any charm, I’ve already given up. (laughs)

- Is there something about love that you’re afraid of? Since it seems harder for celebrities to be in relationships.
▲ There’s nothing I’m afraid of. For me it’s a case of having too much work and no time to be in a relationship. It’s like I don’t even have time for meals. So I hope to date a girl who can understand us (celebrities) and understand me completely.

- And if someone whom you like suddenly turns up in front of you?
▲ I think I’d take the initiative. Since it’s not easy to meet someone you like.

- Is there a particular style you like?
▲ Even if there is a certain appearance or type I like, it’s useless when it comes to destiny. If I meet a good match then she will be my ideal type. I really want to quickly meet someone like that too. It’s lonely when there isn’t anyone I can see when I’m tired.

- What do you do when you’re lonely?
▲ I listen to music, sing, sometimes I go drinking with friends too. Right now I’m busy with activities so I don’t feel it as much but before this I was feeling lonely a lot.

- From last year til now, you’ve been involved in music, variety shows, musicals and you’ve also been a producer and an actor. How do you rate yourself in all these activities?
▲ I tried my best in everything. Although I didn’t attain 100% but overall I’m satisfied with my results, and I’ve also learnt a lot of things. There is still a lot of room for improvement but I’m glad that I’ve grown from the experiences.

- Do you have any special plans for the coming year?
▲ Next year I hope to have some time for myself. I’ve received a lot of love up until now, and to repay this love I’d like to have time to recharge myself and show everyone an even more grown-up and improved side of me. And with the little time that’s left this year, I’ll work hard on the ‘Single Man’ promotions and end the year on a good note.

Credits: SPN Edaily + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: