Thursday, February 07, 2008

[08.02.07] [News] Andy: "I want to be a legend who can hold my own"


Andy, who has always been known as the youngest and the rapper of Shinhwa, is no longer the baby of the group. No longer the Andy who has been sheltered under the love and protection of his hyungs.

During Shinhwa's debut 10 years ago, Andy - who has been focusing on rap - has grown into a proper gentleman, and has become a mature singer too. He transformed himself from a rapper to a singer on his solo debut album "Andy The First New Dream", released on 18 Jan.

The album is very important to him, and he was often troubled over how to prepare for the album and what to perform on stage. He said, "Taking off the exterior of Shinhwa, and releasing the album as Andy, that's how I prepared for it, and I used all my efforts to do my best."






Having been doing only rap in Shinhwa for the past 10 years, Andy was very scared and stressed about his solo. But Andy said, "Although there was a lot of pressure, but I thought if I couldn't produce an album that I'm satisfied with, I might as well not do it at all. I talked a lot to the composers, and during recording, I only stopped when I was satisfied with the results."

As Shinhwa's rapper, Andy wasn't really able to leave a deep impression, but he worked hard to change that. Not as part of Shinhwa, but as Andy, holding out on his own. He officially made his solo debut during the musical "Music In My Heart" held in August 2007, and during last month's "6 Day Miraculous Journey" solo concert.

Andy said, "I gained self-confidence through the musical and the solo concert. I learned from the musical about stage dynamics and how to attract the audience, and through the concert I gained confidence and presented my image as a solo singer and not just a rapper."

Clearly impressed by Andy's efforts on his album, his fellow Shinhwa members, Park Jin Young, Wonder Girls' Yoo Bin, Chae Yeon and Byul all showed their support by participating in the album. Chae Yeon and Byul did duets with Andy on "Timing" and "Shall We Love" respectively, Park Jin Young wrote the rap lyrics on "Extraordinary Imagination" while Yoo Bin did the rap part.

Having spent the last 10 years together, Shinhwa members also helped him out on the album. Eric wrote the lyrics for "Thinking Of You", while Kim Dongwan, Lee Minwoo and Eric all joined in for "Never Give Up". With everyone's help, Andy has been able to show everyone different genres of music ranging from light-hearted dance songs to ballads.

"I was thinking, I have not lived these 10 years in vain. The Shinhwa hyungs have helped me a lot. On the day of the album release, Minwoo hyung sent a congratulatory text message, then he joined Dongwan hyung and Eric hyung to sing on the song too. I feel completely thankful to them. If the album does well I'll have to buy them drinks. (laughs)"





Andy won't have time to rest during this year's Seollal (Korean New Year) too. He will be busy with the promotion of his album, and also the large-scale 10th anniversary Shinhwa fanmeeting and Shinhwa's 9th album, amongst other Shinhwa activities.

"I often hear people say that the hoobae singers view Shinhwa as their role models. But I see a lot of hardworking hoobae singers around, I think we probably have to see them as our role models, and not slacken in our efforts instead, like them we should be running in winter until we perspire. Isn't that the way to reach the top? (laughs)"

Having made his solo debut, Andy's goal for this year is to get the #1 spot on all music programs. Just like the title of his album "Andy The First New Dream", he wants to achieve his dream. He added with a smile, "I want to climb up step by step. Please look forward to Andy's First New Dream."


*************************************

Andy's New Year Greeting - Please Share The Love




One of Shinhwa's solo singers Andy sends his New Year greetings in the Year of the Rat.

He said, "I hope everyone will share their love, and make it a warm Year of The Rat. Please also look out for Andy's solo activities."

Andy has just released his first solo album "Andy The First New Dream", and is actively promoting his main track, "Love Song".


Source: mydaily
Chi trans: 打�$(D??@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: