Monday, October 19, 2009

[09.10.17] Dongwan’s photolog: On the way to Baekdamsa.

What can I say, Photographer Kim is really outstanding!!! Such beautiful pictures, hope you will have a photobook published, will buy it for sure

Baekdamsa (백담사) is a Buddhist temple in Inje County, Gangwon province, near the Seoraksan National Park. It was originally built in the 7th century, but because of war and natural disasters has been rebuilt numerous times since then. The present version was completed in 1957.
======================================================

Because I heard that it was going to rain over the weekend
I applied for leave and headed for Seoraksan at the crack of dawn!

1-dan_사본_oreobox

The red autumn leaves under the blue sky at the entrance of Baekdamsa.

2-noboru_사본_oreobox


Today I didn’t carry the otaku bag up the mountain, I carried a bag also known as the Massimo bag.

3-sul_사본_oreobox

The autumn leaves were in abundance but it was a pity that the sky was a little foggy…
Although you can’t see it clearly.. But the water of the valley in the photo was really clear.!

4-sul_사본_oreobox

I pointed the camera at the squirrel to take a picture of it
But the sound of the shutter made it run away..
The news clearly said that squirrels like people.. -_-;

6-baek_사본_oreobox

Wind Chime
The reason why a fish hangs from the wind chime is because of its significance in reminding followers of the faith..
Like a fish which doesn’t close its eyes even when sleeping, one should wisely keep his eyes open at any time
And always be committed to practising the faith.

But… to wisely keep your eyes open, you have to close your eyes to get a good sleep isn’t it?…^_^;

7-dam_사본_oreobox

You can only see it at Baekdamsa..

8-wish_사본_oreobox

The place where the wishes of many people lie.
If it rains all the stone towers will collapse.
It rained the next day…
I’m really lucky to have seen so many stone towers^0^/

9-ni_사본_oreobox

Doesn’t the stone tower in the center look very much like a human?… ㅎ

10-sul_사본_oreobox

Though I took the cable car to the peak, but as a strong wind was blowing I could only stay put and see the sights.



11-meno_사본_oreobox


I’m not a fish so I’m resting with my eyes closed..

p.s.

In the front yard of Baekdamsa
There were these words written by the poet ‘Ko Un’.

‘Seen when climbing down
And can’t be seen when climbing up
That flower.’

I think…
Time has stopped after 1998 until now.
It’s only now that it seems to be moving again.

Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: