Saturday, October 16, 2010

[10.10.13] Dongwan’s memolog: Request for rectification.

Note from Sumi: A quick background on this post – there was an article in one of the online Japanese dailies about Dongwan’s impending discharge from military duty and while I have no idea what the article says (it’s in Japanese, so translation will be most welcome!!), I understand from a fellow fan in Seoul (thank you Sharon a.k.a HALOptimusprime :) ), that the article somehow depicts Dongwan as what some may call a “Japanophile”.

Thus, I think this would have naturally upset the Korean fans as there are some very sensitive issues when it comes to things like this… So I suppose this entry from Dongwan is trying to clarify matters and put any misunderstanding to rest…

================================

I’ve filed a request through the management company.
I’m very taken aback too.
Why did they use such a word…
Is this the kind of ‘professionalism’ that touches on sensitive issues?…

Anyway, neither I nor the management company have ever made such references.
What they have said is what they have used to describe Tom Cruise before as well.
And especially since I’m Korean, these people are really…-_-;

Looks like I can’t afford not to be careful.

And also.
I am definitely restarting my activities in Korea.
Although the 2-week event is something that I want to do, (note: I think he’s referring to some planned activities in Japan after his discharge, including his fanmeeting in Japan)
But the recognition that I want to receive
Is always the ‘recognition of the fans in Korea’,
So don’t be angry! ^_^

Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: