Sunday, January 13, 2008

[08.01.11]Andy (Shinhwa) Starting up solo activities, 2008 is the starting year!

interview: Andy (Shinhwa) Starting up solo activities, 2008 is the starting year!


In the beginning of last year's December, Shinhwa held their last Japan concert. During their stay in Japan, 4 Shinhwa members held solo fanmeetings. Shinhwa's youngest member Andy held his fanmeeting on December 23rd in Yokohama. Just before the event happened, we were able to get a chance to interview Andy. Shinhwa's popular youngest member Andy, with a cute image, politely answered our questions. Like that, we were able to see Andy's sincere and mild personality.

--Congratulations on the success of your first musical, "Music in My Heart." You showed us your tears on the last day.

Although it was the last day, I did not feel like "It's finally over!" or "How refreshing." I think that over these 50 performances, I have grown compared to before I started this project. Before the performance, I really studied many things. The pictures of my co-actors, the tough practices, nervousness over the first stage, the possibility of messing up, all these thoughts came to my mind like a revolving lantern. At the same time I was intoxicated with encouragement such as, "Andy, you really worked hard." Fans also gave lots of applause, to the extent that I cried (laugh). I definitely want to give thanks to my 5 co-actors who helped create my image.

--Do you cry a lot?

Although it seems like Andy has few tears, in reality he has many tears. When Shinhwa got first place after their debut, when they received the grand prize at the end-of-the-year ceremonies for their 7th album, Andy was worn out from crying too much. And the third time is this time's musical. Because of these tears, Andy will surely work hard.

--You will also be holding a solo concert in January?

The concert will be in Seoul, from January 18 to 23. Although it is not a simple thing to hold the concert right after releasing my 1st album, I wanted to make sure I could have time to have fun and play together with the fans. Although the songs of each concert will be the same, the contents will be different everyday, so please anticipate it. This concert is a promise I made with fans, as well as a promise I made with myself.

--What about today's fanmeeting?

Dongwan and Eric gave me this advice, "It's very nerve-wracking. Although you might be very nervous, calm down and good luck." However, I am not that nervous. I want to quickly go on stage, I just think it is a good thing to be able to talk to fans about all kinds of things.

--You have tried many different things, what do you think takes the most effort?

I can't choose just one. In the present activities of a performer, there are so many things we can do. I have also become like this, doing music, acting, musical, I want to keep working harder. I want to be recognized as somebody who puts in all his efforts.

--In your solo activities, do you feel you still have the title of "Shinhwa's Andy"?

When I'm solo, It's just Andy. Shinhwa's youngest member's image is well-known, and I am able to have solo activities because of Shinhwa. From now on, Shinhwa will have Shinhwa's colours, and Andy will have Andy's colour, they will coexist.

--The things you have learned from the other Shinhwa members?

From Eric, rap and acting, from Hyesung singing, from Junjin powerful dance, from Minwoo stage charisma and showmanship, from Dongwan the ability to process (?) etc. We all come together as one and I think this is the reason Shinhwa exists. We make use of each of our personalities, and this has enabled us to do more things. Andy has Andy's colours, and in order to not disappoint everyone, please watch over me!


credits:
source: http://www.47news.jp/topics/hanryu/2...terview08.html
shinhwachangjo.net
translation: soratino @ shinhwachangjo.net
__________________
http://orangepumpkinprincess.blogspot.com/

No comments: