Tuesday, July 01, 2008

[08.06.30][news] The significance of Strongest Chil Woo to Mun Jung Hyuk

We met up with Shinhwa's Eric, no, the actor Mun Jung Hyuk at the filmsite of Strongest Chil Woo. Contrary to our worry that he isn't accustomed to sageuk dramas, he is very much at ease in his Joseon najang get-up. He will be enlisting in September/October this year when the filming for the drama wraps up.

For his last project prior to army enlistment, he has decided on Strongest Chil Woo, which incidentally is his first sageuk drama, making it even more meaningful to him. Thus, he wants to do even better, and he is even more ambitions. He probably doesn't bear to leave for the army, and his fans can't bear to see him go either.

During an interview at Pyeongtaek on 29 June, the filmsite for the drama, when asked about his feelings about enlisting, Mun Jung Hyuk simply smiled, "I want to do it well. Haha and Jong Min said that they have laid the foundation."

To Mun Jung Hyuk, Strongest Chil Woo is his last present to his fans. He said, "Actually for my health condition now, I don't want to do anything except rest. But I've received so much love and support from everyone, and I wanted to give the fans a present before I leave for the army. I hope that people will laugh and cry along when they are watching the drama, and that will make me feel great."

What does Mun Jung Hyuk think about the rumours of Shinhwa not getting along and disbanding? "Shouldn't they stop already? It may not be intentional, but I'd think about why I should have to live like that. I can't understand why I have all these enemies out of nowhere."

In response to the question, "Between acting and singing, what would you choose when you return from the army in 2 years' time?", he answered "I haven't thought about it yet. In the 2 years that I'm away from my work, I will think about it before I reach a decision."

To the fatigued Mun Jung Hyuk, he sees this hiatus as a well-deserved break and a turning point. It's a time for him to rest, for him to get away from singing and acting, for him to take a step back. No one knows if he will choose music or acting in future, so for him - and for the fans - Strongest Chil Woo means even more.


Source: newsen&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: