Thursday, July 24, 2008

[08.07.23][news] Kim Dongwan discusses post-enlistment plans at solo showcase

Singer Kim Dongwan has outlined his post-enlistment plans during his solo showcase held on 23 July. He is scheduled to enlist for military service this year.

For most entertainers who are active right now, enlistment is a little of a pity, but surprisingly Kim Dongwan doesn't seem to feel any regrets about that. Instead he views it as a turning point in his life. In what way will he then meet his fans again after military service?

Kim Dongwan said, "The details are still confidential, but after I finish my stint as a public welfare officer, I will undergo a training period to prepare for my comeback. I will not have any activities for about 1 year after military service, after which I will return as an actor."

When asked who his role model is, he answered "No matter who gets asked this question, I hope I will be able to make them reply 'someone like Kim Dongwan'."

To the question "How about Eric?", he joked "Just the face and the height".

As for his upcoming solo concert on 20/21 Sept at Seoul's Ewha Women's University, he said "It's my first solo concert, so I'm very very nervous. I'm worried about my performance. But even so, I'm preparing very hard for this, and I will have segments that will show my unique qualities."

He added, "Since I still have about 2 more months to prepare, it will be a show that will satisfy everyone. We will put in a lot of effort in terms of the sound. Coming from a dance group, we usually place more focus on the performance itself, so sometimes fans may be dissatisfied with the sound. This time round I will work hard on blending my voice with the music. Of course I'll work on the visual aspects too. I hope everyone will look forward to the concert."

Source: osen&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: