Thursday, July 24, 2008

[08.07.23][news] Kim Dongwan's first solo showcase since his debut


Recently releasing his follow-up single A Man's Love, Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan held his first solo showcase.

At 6.30pm on 23 July, at Gwanghwamun's KT Art Hall, Kim Dongwan held his solo commemorative showcase for the repackaged edition of his 2nd album, "The Secret; Between Us_Part II". The vast numbers of fans that turned up is a testament of his popularity.

The showcase with the photo MV of A Man's Love, featuring Kim Dongwan himself and model Lee Ki Young, after which he performed songs like The Song of the Wind, Goodbye Call, Love After, and Good Person.

Kim Dongwan said, "A Man's Love was written when songwriter Choi Jong Won thought about me. Because it's similar to my own experience, so I'm even happier to be able to perform this song."

"I worked hard to make this showcase feel like a concert. It's a little awkward to have to manage the entire stage space by myself, so now I'm missing the Shinhwa members even more now."

Fellow Shinhwa member Lee Minwoo also turned up in a surprise appearance to congratulate Kim Dongwan on his first solo showcase. Lee Minwoo said, "I took a break from recording my new album and stopped by." He added, much to the laughter of the audience, "Because Kim Dongwan said he's going to attend my birthday party, that's why I'm here."

Kim Dongwan also received rapturous cheers and applause after he sang Goodbye Call and Love After with Kim Jae Suk and July respectively.

He will be holding his first live concert titled Promise, on 20/21 Sept at Ewha Women's University.


Source: asian economic daily & oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: