Sunday, July 13, 2008

[08.07.11][news] Junjin: 10 years since my debut, still feels like when I just started out

Displaying ease and confidence, he said, "With the schedule being so packed, it's hard even to have 2 rest days in a month." At the same time, his face shows vitality. Shinhwa member Junjin (Park Choong Jae, 28) is in the midst of the promotional activities for his 1st solo album, released in May. Appearing in several programmes and sharing many self-discovery moments, he seems to have understood the philosophies of life in his 10-year career.

Smiling back at his difficult past
Displaying his talent as an entertainer in Infinity Challenge
The desire to become an MC at least once

"I feel happier now that I have a goal. I used to be have a very passive attitude towards things, but I tend to feel that these things are things I have to do. And this helps me when I appear on programmes. Perhaps the happiness is coming from within, that's why the fans can feel it too."

Recently he appeared on MBC's Golden Fishery, and he candidly talked about his difficult childhood, and even talked about his hopes of building a home for his father and his family, "If I could say everything that I have kept inside me for the last 10 years, I'll feel much better."

"Everyone faces difficulties and obstacles, don't they? As tough as they are, when you look back, it's those experiences that make me laugh more heartily now."

With his extraordinary dancing skills, he made his debut with Shinhwa in his teens. After that he also appeared in Nonstop 4, Gumiho, Banjun dramas, Let's Go to The Beach and other variety shows. Recently he apeeared on Infinity Challenge, and has proved himself to be worthy to be called a multi-entertainer.

"Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed to be called a multi-entertainer. Or I should say that I still need to work hard to become one. I like new challenges, and I hope to become an MC. I've been observing MC Yoo Jae Suk during the times I'm on his shows. (laughs)*

He thinks about his fellow Shinhwa members while he's on his solo stint as well, as he believes that there would have been no Junjin without Shinhwa. Whether it's Andy on We Got Married, or Eric on Strongest Chil Woo, he has been watching the shows religiously.

"In these 10 years, the reason behind how we have stayed together for so long, is the balance between our solo and group activities. The bond of trust and reliance between us, I guess we can say that."

Particularly in 2004 when they won the Daesang, the moment where they all hugged each other tightly with tears in their eyes is a moment that he will never forget.

Currently preparing for his repackaged album next month, he said, "Although I've been a singer for 10 years, but I still take on the challenges as if I'm still a rookie."

"I will not only do my best according to my principles, but I will continue working on both acting and singing. I want to become an MC at least one, so that I can bring happiness to everyone."


Source: oceans6
Chi trans: â÷â÷@DoubleJ’†•¶ã¤
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: