Monday, March 02, 2009

[09.03.01] Andy: I drank on the plane after a junior called me ’sonsaengnim’

angb


On the 28th Feb episode of KBS2’s Star Golden Bell, Shinhwa’s Andy revealed an incident where a junior singer’s way of addressing him gave him a rude shock.

“I bumped into a member of a newcomer group on the plane, then he bowed to me at a 90-degree angle and called me ’sonsaengnim’ (teacher or someone very senior in his line of work). The blow was just too great, and I ended up having three cans of beer on the plane.”

Jumper’s Park Dongmin who was also on the show then added, “I started out calling Andy sonbae ’sonsaengnim’ too, but I realised that his expression wasn’t quite right when I did that. So I started calling him ‘Captain’ instead.”

“The first day we made our debut, a lot of people made comments like, ‘Are you very dissatisfied with society?’, ‘Are you not feeling well?’. Captain Andy then used selca and monitor cameras to teach me about understanding my best angles, he was really helpful.”

On this episode Jumper also performed Shinhwa’s hit ‘Wild Eyes’, complete with the chairs, and Jumper’s Rocky also performed his impressive version of SNSD’s ‘Gee’, and received compliments that he was good enough to be SNSD’s 10th member.

Source: Newsen
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: