Sunday, March 09, 2008

[08.03.08][diary] Dongwan - On vacation

terms used in today's entry:

Jumunjin Beach - Located in northern-most Gangneung, and is a great place for family vacations due to its shallow depth. The flat bottom and clear water make it easy to gather clams, and you can fish at the nearby lake. A medium sized beach boasting fine sand and unusually blue water, with fine scenery of pine trees behind the white sands.

Oden - A Japanese winter dish consisting of several ingredients such as boiled eggs, daikon radish, konnyaku, and processed fish cakes stewed in a light, soy-flavoured dashi broth.

캬아 - The guttural sound we always hear Koreans making when they drink, as if they're trying to clear something in their throats

sonbae - senior

hoobae - junior

ㅋㅋ - the symbols that Koreans use to imply giggling

우쌰 - eusha, as a form of a cheer, very much like 'fighting'*



This is my vacation~


Isn't this a quiet slope?
I feel that one of the happiest things in my life is to be able to play when everyone else is working...!
Although there's no one to play with me,
And the downside is that I have to work when other people play.. -_-;
This isn't good...why am I feeling happy!? ㅜㅜ

Went to Jumunjin Beach..


It's the first time I've been to the sea in winter...it's peaceful and beautiful~ Drinking coffee while enjoying the sea breeze is the best! Just great!

But I still wanted to have a glass of sake at night...




Today I had a little...just a little...too much to drink. ^_^ But it's ok since Japanese sake is a light liquor. It's ok! Together with oden! 캬아~

The next morning I woke up early and went to ski...~




It snowed very heavily in Gangwon-do on 6 March...So pretty~~
Next to me are my sonbae and hoobae from Gangwon-do.. ㅋㅋ The ones who taught me paragliding in summer..!

Phew..
This will be my last trip this winter, probably
Need to start rehearsing for the concert! 우쌰!

Source: november21



Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: