Sunday, March 23, 2008

[08.03.20][news] Shinhwa's thoughts about their 10th anniversary

In the fiercely competitive landscape of the music scene of the past 10 years, they have stayed firmly at the top. Soon to celebrate their 10th anniversary on March 24, they are Shinhwa!

Within these 10 years, many singers have come and gone, but Shinhwa has stayed on to earn the honour of being the longest-running group in the Kpop world, in the midst of the consistent support and love from their fans.

We met up with the Shinhwa members on 19 March at Gyeonggi-do where they were filming the MV for their 9th album, and though they haven't got together in a long time, the members were all wearing the brightest smiles on their faces.

The backdrop of the MV is a Mexican setting, where the 5 members have to rescue Eric who was being held hostage by a rival gang.

To celebrate their 10th anniversary Shinhwa will be releasing their 9th album in early April, as well as hold their 10th anniversary concert on 29/30 March at Seoul's Olympic Park.


KIM DONGWAN

▶I am suddenly starting to feel that 10 years isn't really a big deal. When we first made our debut, I thought that I'd be a father after 10 years..... (laughs) I think I'd like to spend the next 10 years like this.

Of course I don't feel that 10 years have passed. But during the concert, as some members will be enlisting soon, the thought of it being the last concert we have before enlistment will probably make me sad. We're now having dance rehearsals and rehearsing with the band for the concert. There's a song on the album, the lyrics are about saying goodbye, so that's really sad.


SHIN HYESUNG

▶On one hand you can say that the 10 years, it has been a long time, on the other hand, it hasn't exactly been that long. To me it feels like a very short period of time. I'm very contented to have so much love from so many fans and other younger singers, thank you.


LEE MINWOO

▶I don't really feel anything. Looking back, I only feel gratitude to my fantastic members and fans that I've had for the past 10 years. I'm very blessed. The fact that I've spent 10 years as part of Shinhwa, that makes me feel very blessed. If I had the chance to go back in time, I'd still choose Shinhwa.


ANDY

▶No matter if it's 10 years ago, or now, Shinhwa is still the same. Even though we're able to show different sides of us during our solo activities, that's about it. Nothing has changed when the 6 of us get together. We're like old friends who haven't met in a while, we'll have lots of fun and feel really good.


ERIC

▶Being recognized as the longest-running group who will be celebrating our 10th anniversary, I'm very proud of that. Before we enlist, we've already been through not 8, not 9, but 10 years. That's great. Before I enlist, I'd like to release a solo album, so I'm working hard on that. But I'm wondering if I'll make it in time for this year? I might delay my enlistment date one last time.


JUNJIN

▶Although I feel that time has passed by too quickly, but because I've worked hard, I don't have any regrets. Also, since the hyungs are going to enlist soon, there's a corner of my heart that really hurts. I feel that Andy and I should bring our enlistment dates forward. Because this is the first time that I'm facing this, I don't know how to handle it.


Source: starnews & oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7 @ shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: