Sunday, March 23, 2008

[08.03.19][news] Andy, from idol star to a 4th dimensional solo artist


Interview with Bugs (www.bugs.co.kr)

1. The birthday gift that left the deepest impression was a vacuum cleaner from the Chinese fans.

When I held my solo concert, it happened to be my birthday. Many fans were there to celebrate with me, and they gave me many presents. I particularly remember the vacuum cleaner... (laughs) Don't we usually get our birthday presents wrapped in a box? I was really surprised when I opened up this box and saw a vacuum cleaner inside.



[Bugs] It was really a vacuum cleaner?At first I thought the delivery company got it wrong, then I saw that it was from the Chinese fans. The message on the card was, "We heard that Andy-sshi likes to keep his place clean and tidy, so we're giving you a vacuum cleaner." (laughs)
To the fan, thank you, it really came in handy, and I'll work hard at keeping my place clean. (laughs)




[Bugs] So you really like to do cleaning?I don't like untidiness. When we used to all stay in the dormitory together, I always complained to the other members about them messing up their rooms. I usually would clean their rooms because I couldn't stand it anymore, but it wasn't only once or twice that happened. In the end I got so annoyed. It's better now that we're living apart, then I just need to keep my place clean.

[Bugs] Have you shown your room to the public before?
I did, during my concert, that was the first time. Actually I'm not too fond of doing that but since the fans asked, I thought about it and then decided to show it.





2. About Eric

[Bugs] We heard that you have an unusual relationship with Eric, and his reaction towards your solo album even became a hot topic.
Eric hyung came on the last day of my musical and he said, "It's very good, very interesting."

Then I told him, "Hyung, I may be releasing an album." He then asked if I needed his help, I asked him to feature on my album, which he eventually did. When I passed him the album, he quipped, "You're releasing an album as a joke right?" I laughed then he gently asked, "What's your first program? I'll watch out for you." I told him that it could be a show on SBS, then he immediately replied, "Is it a gag show?" (laughs)

[Bugs] That probably was a joke.
He meant it (laughs)

[Bugs] Anyway your relationship seems unusual
That's true, we just met yesterday, and we talked about my album

[Bugs] You and Eric seem very close, do you stay together?(laughs) No we don't, but we live near each other. So he often comes over to hang out and have dinner, and we meet often




3. About his next single

[Bugs] ND is now holding a poll for the next single. My personal preference is "Thinking Of You", do you have any personal favourites?
When I was first deciding on the title track I couldn't decide between "Love Song" and "Timing". A lot of people prefer "Timing" so I'm considering using that for the next single. But I'm thinking about other songs too, maybe something more difficult.



[Bugs] Will it be a ballad?
No, I think I'm still not that suited for ballads. I'd like something more cheerful and easy listening. Now I'm asking the composers for new songs. Though the album is already out, but I'm thinking of a re-recording.




http://music.bugs.co.kr/lounge/webzi...starzone_text1



Source: Bugs Music
Chi trans: pax_lee@Andy The World
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: