Tuesday, July 01, 2008

[08.06.30][news] Eric: I thought of quitting showbiz after finishing Phoenix

Although Mun Jung Hyuk (Shinhwa's Eric) has been in showbiz for 10 years, but there are still times when he wants to escape from it all. He says that after filming for Phoenix wrapped up, he thought of quitting showbiz for good. Why would he think of that when he's successful both as an actor and as a singer?

During an interview on 29 June, he said "After filming for Phoenix wrapped up, I turned off my phone for a whole week and headed to Jejudo to dive. Filming the drama left me feeling very empty and exhausted, I didn't have any particular reason, I just didn't want to go on anymore. As part of Shinhwa it wasn't just me and I was responsible to the entire group, so I never thought of quitting. Besides even if the going was tough, the other members were there to support me, so I never felt lonely. But working solo meant that I had to stress out even over the smallest detail."

Although he thought of running away from it all, the support of the fans persuaded him to stay on, as a singer and as an actor. He tells us that Strongest Chil Woo is his gift to the fans. Looking at Mun Jung Hyuk who always thinks of his fans, one can't help but envy his fans. We look forward to his future music and drama projects.


Source: ent163
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: