Wednesday, September 09, 2009

[09.09.08] Dongwan’s memolog: Ah~ Reporter Lee Seung Jae.. ㅋ

note from Su-mi: This post was a hard to translate directly – but I’ve tried my best to retain his original meaning as far as I can… I hope I did…

‘연기파 배우’ from the original post – It literally means “acting school actor”, in means something like a really good actor/serious actor, as opposed to the idol star-type actors… And yes, our boys included… they still have some way to go before they’ll get recognized as 연기파 배우…
===============================================

Ah, the term “acting school actor” doesn’t just exist in Korea alone.
If there are still many actors who act but can’t act, then don’t call them that….
It’s the same idea behind why we shouldn’t use “culinary chef” freely.

- Reporter Lee Seung Jae, Movieholic

p.s. I changed “배우연하는” in the original article to “연기하는”.
(I think both terms mean ‘to act; acting’ but it’s a grammatical thing…)

Credits: Dongwan Oreobox + Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: