Tuesday, September 29, 2009

[09.09.27] Junjin’s final concert before enlistment ends on a happy note

Singer Junjin ended his final concert before army enlistment amidst a pleasant and cheerful atmosphere.

Spending an enjoyable 2 hours together with approximately 1,400 fans, Junjin held the final performance ‘Last Concert’ of his Asia tour at Yonsei University on 27 Sept at 4.30pm.

On this day, he performed his dance songs with his trademark charisma such as ‘Even If It’s A Thousand Times’, ‘Come Back’, ballads such as ‘The Words Of Love’, ‘I’ll Love Even If It Hurts’, and refreshing mid-tempo tracks such as ‘Cute’ and ‘For You’.

Junjin performed a total on 18 songs, saying ‘It’s been a long while since I held a concert. and though my body condition isn’t at 100% but I’ve put in my best efforts to prepare. I hope my final concert before enlistment will bring you laughter and happiness.”

Throughout the concert, Junjin often joked with the the audience – comprising mostly female fans in their 20s and 30s – while fans kept on asking him to buy hamburgers, a la Park Myung Soo in ‘Infinite Challenge’.

It has only been about 2 years since Junjin started having concerts as a solo act, but he seemed proficient and experienced with his stage presence.

“After I developed an ambition for singing, I’ve been learning a lot from the (Shinhwa) hyungs, is it too late? I hope to continue to receive encouragement from other singers even after I enlist.”

Guests for this day included Jo Sung Mo, M Lee Minwoo, and more than 150 Japanese and Chinese fans turned up to give him their fullest support. MBC ‘Infinite Challenge’ PD Kim Tae Ho also turned up as a member of the audience.

Jo Sung Mo said, “The fan letters that I received while I was in the army really cheered me up a lot. Please continue to give Junjin your support.”

Junjin ended the show with a series of his hits including ‘Hey Ya’, ‘Wa’, and ‘Love Won’t Come’, and Lee Minwoo also took to the stage one last time as he performed ‘Eusha Eusha’ with Junjin.

Credits: Asia Economy + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: