Tuesday, September 15, 2009

[09.09.15] Dongwan’s memolog: Real tonkatsu ramen~

i can hear your complain from here, dongwan has picky tastebuds when it comes to food he likes and true enough he will find a good place where it is served
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Honestly. Although I hate to make it known to the world that I went to eat ramen by myself…
But for the increasingly many ramen enthusiasts these days, a whole slew of ramen houses with really terrible food in Hongdae and Apgujung, all claim to have delicious ramen
For the friends who are under the wrong impression…
I’ve decided to recommend a ramen house!
It’s situated in a little alley next to the Hyundai Department Store in Sinchon…
Kokoro Ramen!

P090914005+사본

I’m always not satisfied with the ramen that has been brought into Korea~
‘Why are they trying so hard to accommodate Korean tastebuds… If I have to eat ramen like this..’
Or!
‘People won’t enjoy ramen made this way… -_-;’
I would have thoughts like these.
Oh oh oh! But

P090914006+사본
I’ve encountered ramen that can be considered the most authentic Japanese tonkatsu ramen..
I was really annoyed after a visit to the dentist and I stepped into the place impulsively thinking that I’d just eat anything that’s there…
Heuheuheu… ㅜㅜ I was overwhelmed… Heuheu.
Although in Korea shoyu ramen and miso ramen are aplenty, there isn’t a place with really good tonkatsu ramen.
[Once I was at a place called Musashi where they served tonkatsu ramen topped with samgyeopsal and I almost threw up..-_-*]
It’s clear that this place also tries hard to cater to Korean tastebuds.
But it’s also clear that they put in effort not to lose the Japanese ‘taste’.
Apparently the boss takes part in a ramen comepetition held in Japan every year.
Even though in my hurried state I couldn’t capture how delicious it looked..
Ah~~ Looking at the picture I feel like eating it again~
I must have it one more time when I have the time!

p.s The place is small so it can only accommodate 10 people.
It’s like in Japan where you can only get to eat it after buying a ticket from the vending machine~ㅋ

Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: