Wednesday, September 09, 2009

About Jaebeom and 2PM…

insights from Su-mi about the problem of Jaebeom and 2PM with its Management Company:

I did agree with M to a certain extent when he said that 2PM shared some similarities with Shinhwa, and I do think that they are one of the better young idol groups out there, so it’s a pity to see things unfolding this way for Jaebeom and 2PM.

Though I can’t say 2PM’s situation is exactly the same as what Shinhwa went through back then (be it Andy’s temporary departure or the contract tussle with SM Entertainment), but the fact is that Shinhwa did overcome those really dark days and became even stronger, so I would think that together with the support from the management company, the members themselves and the fans, these problems can be overcome.

Though I don’t know who made the call to let Jaebeom go, I gotta say that it’s a little disappointing to see JYPE and Jaebeom giving up at this point. Perhaps the magnitude of this whole controversy is way bigger than I imagined, maybe he had received actual death threats, I have no idea. But the way I see it, this was all started by a handful of crazy black-hearted netizens who are out for innocent blood (I mean, 6,000 out of a country of 48 million people, that’s pretty minuscule), and caving in now seems like giving a huge victory on a silver platter to these lunatics, who could probably be the very ones who drove quite more than a few people to suicide too.

Nevertheless, all the best to Jaebeom, 2PM and the Hottests – hope that everything works out eventually.
source: Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: