Monday, December 06, 2010

[10.12.05] Shin Hyesung, “Pressured by the thought of being forgotten”

Singer Shin Hyesung expressed his thoughts about taking to the stage in Korea after a hiatus of 1 year and 6 months.

On 4 Dec, Shin Hyesung held his solo concert titled “Close To You” at AX-Korea and after the opening performance, greeted the 1,300 fans present, “It’s been a day that I’ve been waiting a long time for, and I believe everyone has been waiting for just as long as I have. After such a long hiatus, I was worried that everyone would already have forgotten about me and I was really stressed out by that.”

He then quipped, “That’s why I didn’t choose a big venue but went for a smaller one instead.”

Shin Hyesung went on to add, “Honestly I’ve been thinking of performing in a small theatre-like venue for a long time now. It’s great to be this near to the fans.”

In addition, when fans cheered loudly even when he was taking a drink, he quipped, “It seems that I’m still popular. I still get screams even though I’m just drinking water.”


Shin Hyesung’s repertoire consisted of covers and his own hits, such as “Close To You” by The Carpenters; “The Day We First Met”; “It’s Alright”; “Peter Pan’s Serenade”, “Mirror”, “First Person”, “Center” and “Same Thought”. He also covered 2NE1′s “I Don’t Care”, Hot Potato’s “Confession”, Toy’s “That I Was Once By Your Side”, Stevie Wonder’s “Part Time Lover”, Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”, Yoo Jae Ha’s “Because I Love You” and The Blue’s “I Feel Only You”.

He also prepared a surprise for his fans, which was a preview performance of a new song, “Think About It”, from his upcoming 4th album. His management agency expressed earlier, “It’s very rare to perform a new song even before the album has been released. For the fans who have been waiting for so long, after the digital single “Hello and Goodbye” released last month, we’ve prepared another surprise gift.”

Shin Hyesung will follow up with another performance on 5 Dec at the same venue.

Credits: Asia Economy + Absolut Shinhwa
see pic for credit

No comments: