Saturday, December 18, 2010

[10.12.18] Kim Dongwan is “making a fresh start, with a newfound determination”

“With a newfound determination to make a fresh start, I will work hard on singing”

Kim Dongwan who recently ended his 2-year military service on 7 Dec, held a commemorative event at for the launch of his first solo album in Japan “KIM DONGWAN JAPAN PREMIUM BEST” at the Fountain Square at Ikebukuro in Tokyo on December 16, where he performed his new song.

Japanese fans, holding orange balloons, packed the venue, and amidst their cheers Kim Dongwa took to the stage and performed ‘Where You Should Be’, a new song on the album for which he penned the lyrics. After that he said, “Lately I’ve been learning Japanese with the mindset of starting anew, and I will start anew and work hard on my singing too.”

“This is my first time challenging myself with Japanese lyrics, and my knowledge of the language really puts me to shame. In Korea I’ve never sung a song over 5 minutes, this song needs a really long breath.”

“I want to work hard on my activities in Japan, please give me the strength to do so. I’ll become your strength too.”

He also added, “Singer K features on the song, and you can feel that he’s really an artist from the way he takes his work very seriously.”

“I hope everyone, just as they always have, will support the singer Kim Dongwan, who is now starting anew.”

Credits: Yonhap News + Absolut Shinhwa

Plus some pics from Biglobe Japan

AND some fanpics courtesy of Nijina from Japan! ありがとうございます~ ^_^

Credits: Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: