Saturday, December 18, 2010

[10.12.13] Kim Dongwan’s memories of group showers and snow-sweeping

“I remember taking group showers with my fellow recruits at the military training camp, and sweeping snow off the streets in Sinchon. These 2 years have been a very meaningful period in my life.”

Recently discharged from military service on 7 Dec, Shinhwa members and singer/actor Kim Dongwan held a fanmeeting on 9 Dec at Sangmyung University and shared snippets from his 2 years as a public service officer with the Seodaemun District Office.

“I swept snow all the way from Gongdeok Station to the entrance of Yonsei University, I watched the sunrise at Ansan with the other public service officers, and I took a group shower with my fellow recruits at the training camp.”

“These 2 years have been especially meaningful for me. I like Japanese dramas and Japanese music, so I’ve been attending Japanese language classes in my spare time and my fluency has improved. And because I’ve been getting up at 7am to get to work at 8am and having regular sleeping hours, I’ve stopped falling sick so frequently. I even took a vacation in Spain with the permission of the district mayor.”

Having developed an interest in DSLR photography, Kim Dongwan also shared photos that he took in Deokyusan, Jeongeup and Spain. “I’d like to publish a photo collection of the beautiful sights in Korea.”

Kim Dongwan also shared photos from Shinhwa’s debut days. “We have a lot of memories from our 12 years together. It was really fun when we had activities in the other provinces during our 1st album. Once the members all complete their military duties by 2012, we’ll definitely reunite. We’ll release an album produced by Eric and Minwoo, and take to the stage as Shinhwa once again.”

Previously active as a singer and as an actor before he enlisted for military service, Kim Dongwan added, “I get 100% satisfaction from acting, but as a solo singer I only get half of that feeling. So I want to be on stage as part of Shinhwa again.”

“After ending my promotions in Japan, my first project in Korea will be a drama. I’d like to play a role like Ji Jin-hee’s in ‘The Man Who Can’t Marry’. You’ll see me on your TV screens in January next year.”

Credits: Yonhap News + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: