Wednesday, September 17, 2008

[08.09.16][news] Kim Dongwan: Please do not forget me


About to leave his fans behind temporarily to serve the nation, Kim Dongwan hopes that his fans will not forget him, thus naming his concert "Promise."

After fellow Shinhwa members Junjin and Andy, Kim Dongwan will also be holding his solo concert, "Promise", in Seoul at Ewha Women's University on 20/21 Sept at 7pm. This will be his first, as well as last, concert before he enlists for military service.

In a phone interview held on 16th Sept, Kim Dongwan said, "Incidentally my first concert is also my last before army enlistment, and I'm really nervous about it. I'll put in 120% worth of efforts for the remaining practices, and present the best of me to everyone, to the best of my abilities."

"I'll be enlisting very soon, and at the concert I'll be spending time with the fans, singing and chatting from the stage."

"My recent schedule has been pretty much focuses on rehearsing with the band and preparing for the concert."

"Shinhwa concerts are more focused on the overall stage performance rather than just focusing on the music, but now we have the bandmaster controlling the sound so that everyone can focus on the vocals."

"I'm really looking forward to having the fans at the concert, and with this concert I really hope to create everlasting memories for them."

Having released his first solo album last year with the title track Handkerchief and follow-up single It's My Fault, Kim Dongwan has gone on to release his 2nd album this year, featuring electronica-infused title track Secret and follow-up single A Man's Love.

Besides featuring fellow Shinhwa members as his special guests, Kim Hyun Chul, Sweet Sorrow, Wanted's Kim Jae Suk, Younha and Joo will also be making special guest appearances.

Kim Dongwan will be performing Kim Hyun Chul's Wae Keurae (he also did a cover of the song on his 2nd album) as a duet with Kim Hyun Chul himself; Younha, who has just performed together with Kim Dongwan on Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter, will also appear on stage.

Having been a DJ for 2 years on SBS' Ten Ten Club from 2003-2005, Kim Dongwan will relive those moments with the fans through live phonecalls.

"This is the first concert in my name, so I'm nervous yet excited."

Kim Dongwan will be enlisting for military service in early November, going through the basic military training before moving to serve in the civil service.


Source: segye
Chi trans: wangshu_1115@shinhwayeah.com
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: