Monday, September 29, 2008

[08.09.29][News] Singer JunJin - "I am now confident to play the game by myself"

Moving forward with his 1st solo album repackage and various TV performances, singer JunJin has established his position as the "Hottest Star". Popular with male and female, young and old, he is in his primetime as a solo artist after 10 years with Shinhwa.

Towards his Shinhwa's members, JunJin said "Usually we would see each other by face, now most of the time, we see each other through TV screen. I'm in need to meet them more."

Towards the next steps in his solo career, JunJin expressed "I just think I must go on! I have no fear!" - these are the strong determination and the genuine passion that we can always feel in JunJin.

"Junstin Jinberlake", "Tireless Man", "Energizer", "Dancing King" are just some of his countless nicknames given by fans and netizens.

Meeting JunJin recently, we could obviously see his swollen and tired eyes.

"In Thursday, I recorded "Infinity Challenges", Sunday "YSMM", during spare time "High School Girls 4", and some other guest appearances such as in "Family Outing", "Immortal Music", ect. The repackage "Together 4ever" was released nearly a month ago but I still couldn't find time to promote it. Activities in China and Japan are also waiting for me. Honestly, there's no day to take a break."

Being in the entertainment industry for 10 years, now the singer is playing the game alone all by himself, with a strong self-confidence and comfortability.

"Now we are working as solo artists, singer or actor", JunJin said, "I sometimes believe that there was a sloth once in a while". "That's not always easy to share your inside thoughts, but recently in MBC program "Golden Fishery", I realised that there was nothing to fear. After all, being frank is the best way to overcome the obstacles." - smiled JunJin.

"It is hard to make money. When you're young, you work hard and earn as much as you can." - JunJin laughs.

"Some years ago, my father lost a good amount of money in an accident. People would think that Shinhwa members must have accumulated great wealth. But actually, my bank account balance was at Zero. Well, it's my pride not to tell anyone about that."

JunJin's parents, grandmother and his dependent aunt lived together in a small house. After his birth mother left, JunJin's father remarried twice. The singer was always looking for his birth's mom, and eventually, he got to see her by face.

"My current mother has always been by my side. During Shinhwa's time, I was suffering terrible panic disorder. It was mom who always smiled at me and encouraged me the most. That is the power of love."

After the successful concert in Japan, JunJin conquered domestic market with his stunning concerts in Seoul on September 5th and 6th.

"We had a lot of fun during the concerts. I enjoyed that great time and I hope the fans did as well. I started solo activities a little bit late to compare with Lee Min Woo and Shin Hye Sung. But I think that's not necessarily a disadvantage since I have more time to prepare and get ready."

Powerful, magnetic, great personality, he is the well-loved artist of the public.

"I think every singer has different charm. I may not be the best singer, but I'm trying to put all my efforts and emotions into the songs I perform."

"Turning from a rapper to a vocalist, I am now confident to play the game all by myself."

"I always love acting. I consider it at the same weight as singing, but obviously, I have to keep working harder."

Besides the release of his repackage including a new song recorded with Shinhwa's Eric "Saying I love you", from now to December, the singer's schedule is totally filled in with many stage performances in Japan, Korea, China, and Singapore.
Credit: Yonhap News
Korean/Eng: LetSayEden @ Shinhwa.biz

No comments: