Monday, September 22, 2008

[08.09.20][news] DW "Fans even after we go to the army please remember Shinhwa"


Singer Kim Dong Wan apart from Shinhwa has put his name on the line as he has his first and last solo concert before he enters the army.

On the 20th, Kim Dong Wan will have his first solo concert in Seoul at the Ewha's Women University since he debuted 10 years ago and shared about his feelings. The concert is entitled "Promise" meaning during the time he is away for his military service asking that he will not be forgotten.

Kim Dong Wan said with confidence, "Shinhwa is kind of "jjang" so I don't think the fans will forget us."

The following is from news conference before Kim Dong Wan's concert.


*As you have your first concert how do you feel?
-I don't feel nervous but I feel sad as it feels like a send off. In fact, during rehearsals I got teary eyed. I was worried as I wanted to do as many appearences as I could before I leave for the army.

*What is the meaning of the title for the concert "Promise"?
-The title was chosen to keep the bond that we have in tact even while I will be away while serving in the army.

*Who will be appearing as guests?
-Kim Hyun Chul, Sweet Sorrow, Joo as well as many others will be part of the concert. I believe it will be a very solid performance overall.

*Have you gained confidence as a solo artist?
-It isn't that I have gained confidence but more like I don't get as nervous. I think it's because those who support me are constantly watching over me.

*Did you sleep well last night?
-Usually before a performance I don't sleep well but last night I slept really well.

*How are you feeling about the military service?
-It will be a valuable time. I see it as a time for me to think alone about what I would like to do in the future. Honestly, I don't feel that I am serving my country any less as a public servant (instead of in the army). For 10 years, Dong Wan didn't rest and kept going. There is a part of me that wants to rest a bit now.

*The resason that you have so many overseas fans?
-I think it was because I was part of the first wave of singers to go abroad in the Korean wave. Currently, DBSK, SS501 and others are doing a lot of promotions in Japan. Shinhwa has steadily been doing promotions over a prolong period and there is a lot of merit in that.

*What will make Kim Dong Wan's concert different from the other Shinhwa members' concerts?
-I saw in the concerts for Min Woo, Andy and Jun Jin that they were cute or had powerful dances. For me, I want to show "unplugged" stages in my concert. Instead of relying on audio devices, I would like to use just music and my voice. To show the beautiful blending of these things (to the audience).

*Within Shinhwa what is Kim Dong Wan's charm?
-I think my charm is that my image is one of a familiar older brother. Then at other times I have charms of a wild beast. ha ha ha (laughter)

*You released your second album and your concert seems a bit belated. What does this concert mean to you personally?
-Honestly, during these time when we are in a recession, it's hard to enjoy the concert. I struggled with having a concert when it's a hard time for many people suffering loss. For Dong Wan to sing for 2 hours alone, I didn't have confidence to do that in my 20's.

*What would you like to say to fans lastly?
-Please don't lose the feelings you have for Shinhwa. I don't think they will lose them. It's because Shinhwa is kind of "jjang"! (laughter)

***Just a clarification "jjang" means the best.

credit: oceans-six.com
translation: HappyHeart7@shinhwa.biz

No comments: