Thursday, January 08, 2009

[09.01.08][Trans]Minwoo and Hyesung on MBC Radio’s Shimshimtapa (24th Oct) - Part 1/2

Eng. Translator's Note:

Quote:
Not a full word-for-word translation,
but here are the more interesting bits of Minsyung on MBC Radio’s Shimshimtapa
(literally Breaking Through Boredom), hosted by Shindong and Kim Shin Young -
VERY interesting indeed….. *holds tummy in pain*

It’s a little long, so
I’m translating this in 2 parts… Stay tuned for Part 2….
(Opening sequence, DJs introduces the 2 guys)
M: Hi, I’m Shin Hyesung
HS: Hi, I’m Lee Minwoo, M Style~
SD: I’m sure everyone can tell by their voices!
M: Haha, you’re probably not Korean if you can’t tell
[Everyone laughs]
HS: Just in case there are people who can’t tell, let’s do a proper one
HS/M: Annyeong haseyo, urineun Shinhwa imnida!
SD: This one is the best! Actually when Kim Dongwan came here the last time he had to do it alone
M: (imitating Dongwan) Annyeong haseyo, urineun Shinhwa imnida!




KSY: Since we have the two of you here together today, could you greet everyone in your best sexy voice?
HS: Again?
SD: How many times do you want them to do this…
HS: In a sexy voice….erm, Minwoo you do the sexy version once
M: Ah…me…
HS: It has to be short, it can’t be too long
M: (lowers his voice) Annyeong
[Everyone laughs]
M: There’s one more! Annyeong….M…
[KSY imitates the way he says M]
HS: Are you trying to stress me out here..? (lowers his voice) Pangga. HS.
(*note: Pangga is a colloquial version of pangapseumnida which means nice to meet you, often used on the Internet)
[Everyone ROFL]





SD: Honestly are there a lot of programmes that invite the members to make appearances together?
M: Yeah there are, last year Dongwan, Hyesung and me, we were having our promotional activities at the same time, so there were lots of invitations then
SD: Which member do you like to go on shows with? Right now the two of you are promoting your album..
M: I don’t have a particular favourite…… But I like to come along with Hyesung~ Because we are Minsyung~
[Everyone ROFL]
HS: At first it was just me alone, then Minwoo had his comeback….I have to make him wrap up his promotions fast…M: WHY??
HS: I’m just kidding…
M: Come on, don’t be like this…we’re Minsyung~




KSY: Has Hyesung’s body recovered yet?
HS: Body?
KSY: You were probably tired out from your concert right?
M: Ah I couldn’t make it..
KSY: Really?
HS: Yeah, none of the members turned up…
M: I told them all not to go~ (cracks up)
HS: YOU!!!!!!!





M: If you watch a Shinhwa concert, you’ll realise that Hyesung and me, we’re the ones talking most of the time. We like concerts - we are Minsyung~~ (in an aegyo tone)
KSY: Really?
HS: Yeah, the other members don’t say much, Minwoo says probably more than 70% of everything
M: We argued because of this before
KSY: Ah really? Why?
M: Hyesung will tell you…
HS: We don’t usually discuss what to say beforehand at concerts, so everything is spontaneous…But the other members would just stand there and not talk, so Minwoo has to move things along but it gets tiring, so…
M: It is tiring! Then I noticed that Hyesung started to help out…
HS: So there was once Minwoo yelled at the members, “Yah! You have to talk too! I’m going crazy!!”
M: That’s right, but I did that after the concert, during dinner. I just exploded, “Are you all crazy? HUH? Is there something in your mouths??” Then Eric said, “No it’s not that… well because you’re doing such a good job there isn’t much for us to say…. Since you’re doing so well we just trust you and follow your lead, anything else we say it’s just….” So I yelled back, “I need that kind of help!”
HS: So after that everyone started to speak up and it was more fun at concerts…





SD: Hyesung could you talk about what has changed for you in the last 10 years? We have a great piece of background music for this… (slow, sentimental music starts)
HS: Ah…the music sounds a little sad…Hmmm let’s see, before our debut, when we were still trainees, I was really shy, so when all the guys bathe together I would cover up here and there…
M: Yes he always covers up! What for??
HS: It was embarrassing!
M: We didn’t…
HS: So anyway we were still young, 18 or 19, but now I always go with the members to the jijimbbang (Korean steam bath)… And we were still staying together, if someone was showering, I would squirt ketchup on him then run away…
M: Andy even screamed, “Hyung! My head is bleeding!”
HS: Haha that’s true…. Andy ah, sorry….
M: And running off after activating the bidet…
HS: Yeah, and turned on the hot water instead…
M: Hahaha, and the water pressure was turned to the highest, in the end we spoilt the thing and the water pressure was so high that it hurt someone bad enough to have to go to the hospital!
HS: Haha…And I think I’m stronger now…haha what else…
Minwoo, you talk about yourself first while I think…
M: It has been a fantastic 10 years for Shinhwa, and in future Shinhwa will have another fantastic 10 years, that’s what all the members hope for…
HS: Aaah, they asked you about changes, why are you talking about this~
M: Changes…we got older so we are more understanding of each other. We even out the kinks in each other’s characters and we’ve become just like family. In the past we were more self-centred, and used to fight out of jealousy, but now we can understand each other. Just a few days ago we gathered for dinner and drinks before Eric enlisted…
HS: Yes, we took like a hundred pictures!
M: Shinhwa’s name hasn’t changed, our hearts haven’t changed, the thing that has changed…erm…fans are all older….
HS: As the members are all enlisting one by one, we’re now just looking forward to getting back together for a concert in a few years’ time!





SD: So did you exchange CDs after you released your albums?
HS/M: Yeah of course
HS: I have so many of Minwoo’s in my car, at least 5…
M: Haha, I did that on purpose, so that you can give them away for me~
HS: Ah? So that’s what you meant…looks like I should start giving them away~
M: Just give them to anyone nice~
HS: Oh, ok I know





KSY: Someone, after listening to Hyesung’s album, said this, “Shin Hyesung, one feels at peace when listening to his songs” - Why is that?
M: Hyesung’s looks make people feel at peace? (*note: The literal translation of someone’s looks making others feel at peace means that he looks very average)
HS: Yah yah, do you think of how people look like when you hear their songs?
DJs: Ah~ the voice~
M: Actually, initially Eric was Shinhwa’s main vocalist
HS: That’s right, Eric was supposed to be main vocals, and I was supposed to be the main dancer
DJs: (stunned) REALLY?? You’re joking right?
HS: Of course we are…
KSY: We got surprised for a while there because you sounded so serious, we almost believed you!
SD: I suddenly thought of Hyesung hyung doing his spin kick in the center
HS: Haha, that was because I couldn’t dance well, so they made me do taekwondo…





[In this segment they talk about the good and bad points of each other, but the two of them have to guess what each wrote about the other - if it's correct, *ding dong ding* will sound on the xylophone, if not it will be a single *ding* sound]
HS: Ah….flaws…
M: Too many, but I thought hard and came up with some~
HS: He looked troubled when he was writing it, it must be that there aren’t any so he had to crack his brains to make one up… Shindong ah, do you know the answer? Is it a long or short sentence?
[DJs drop hints that it's long]
HS: Ah….so it’s one sentence then, like Hyesung is like this, or does this…. When Hyesung drinks he always makes me drink? He forces me to drink?
KSY: Yes yes, elaborate a little more on that…
HS: Hyesung reveals his true colors when he drinks?
[M sounds the xylophone with a single *ding* - wrong!]
DJs: Oh we heard something else that we didn’t expect!
HS: No no no, I’m not saying I’m like this, I’m saying that he’s saying that about me on purpose…
M: You don’t know how he always forces us to drink, it’s no joke!
HS: No I don’t
M: Shouldn’t you be embarrassed, you ARE like that
[HS and M continue to argue]
DJs: Ok Hyesung let’s move on to the 2nd one
HS: Huh…continue? I feel like I’m digging my own grave…. Does it have to do with alcohol?
KSY: No, nothing to do with alcohol
M: It has to do with our schedules
HS: Ah ah….. when we have work on our schedules…Err….are you saying…? But I’m not like that anymore, I was like that for just a while… “Doesn’t like to get out of bed”?
SD: Be a little more specific….
HS: I’m DEFINITELY not like that anymore, I was like that in the past for about a month because I was so tired…
KSY: You’re leaving a lot of leeway for yourself, huh?
[HS cracks up]
HS: I sleep too much and often end up late?
M: So what is that called? We’re functioning as a group!
HS: I’m often late, and cause trouble for the group?
[M sounds a single *ding* - wrong answer]
HS: Isn’t that close enough?
M: Summarize it then
HS: I force people to drink, oversleep when we have a schedule for the day, being late, causing trouble for the members….
DJs: So what do you call that?
HS: Oh? (He says this in a really cute, aegyo way)
[Everyone cracks up]
M: That was so cute…!
HS: This is so frustrating!
SD: So how would you describe creating trouble for the members?
HS: Lazy? Moron?
SD: The correct answer is…..too self-centered…..
HS: YAH! What self-centered?? YAH!! (He grabs the mallet, starts shouting at M and hitting on the xylophone *ding**ding**ding*)
M: Calm down, we’re in the middle of a show…..That’s right…he always overslept when we had a schedule for the day!
HS: YAH! It wasn’t just me, Dongwan too!
KSY: Now Dongwan comes into the picture
HS: And Junjin, he always drank and couldn’t get up!
M: Yes yes, Jin too, his manager had to climb in through the window to wake him up once after he spent the night drinking, and he almost broke his bones!
[Everyone ROFL]
HS: Yah, you wrote that about me, that’s too much….can I rewrite mine?
M: Hahahaha your manager asked me to write that!





DJs: It’s ok, now there’s one more! (the strong point)
HS: Ah…..guess again…? Hmmm Hyesung is kind?
[M hits a single *ding* - wrong answer]
HS: Give me a hint…I have too many strong points….
M: It has to do with your character, and friends
HS: Ah~ friendship then, loyalty… Hyesung is very loyal!
[M sounds *ding dong ding* - right answer]
[Applause and cheers]
HS: Haha but I read what he wrote: Hyesung is too self-centered and only cares about himself, then Hyesung is very loyal…. isn’t that contradictory?
KSY: He even scribbled in fine print under the self-centered bit: that’s why you don’t have a girlfriend
M: Haha he was the only one who was always late when we had activities back then
HS: Let me explain, I need more sleep than most people
M: And I’m always the one to wake him up
HS: Most people need 7-8 hours of sleep…I need 10 or more to rejuvenate myself…. But that was then, now I still sleep a lot but it’s not as bad!


Chi trans: chersung@SCIC
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com
Audio Source: Forever
Audio Credit: midnight_girl@shinhwa.biz

No comments: