Thursday, May 07, 2009

[09.05.06][News] Junjin’s injury woes continue with toe injury; surgery on 6th May


Shinhwa member Junjin has once again suffered another injury just days before his comeback performance.

Junjin had injured his toe during a recent dance rehearsal for his music video, and a form of tetanus had injured the nerves in his toe. A spokesperson for Junjin had said, “The nerves were damaged”, a sign of the seriousness of the injury.

Junjin underwent surgery on the afternoon of 6th March to put a stop to the increasing pain, as he aggravated his injury during the practice sessions.

After his surgery, Junjin met with some reporters and he said, “I was already injured, but it seemed to have worsened when I was practising. I took some painkillers and carried on with the MV filming on 5th May, but as the pain increased, I had to undergo surgery.”

Junjin had also injured his wrist recently, and not long after he had also injured his ankle, but he insisted on carrying on with his scheduled activities. “No matter how painful it is, even if I have to be in a cast, I’ll still go on stage.”

During the filming for the bobsledding special for MBC’s Infinite Challenge in early January, he had suffered a cracked shoulder blade, and news of his wrist injury came about just days before his comeback, prompting rumors such as “this is to delay enlistment” and “this is a publicity stunt”. This is why Junjin said that he will bear with the pain and carry on preparing for his comeback.

During a filming session for ‘Infinite Challenge’ on 30th April, Junjin had aggravated his wrist injury, and after diagnosis his injury will require surgery and take a further 6 weeks to heal. Despite that Junjin has still kept up with his busy schedule.

“I don’t want to let down the fans who have been waiting, so I’ll still make my comeback as scheduled even if I’m in a cast.”


Source: Newsen
Trans: midnightgirl13@AbsolutShinhwa

No comments: