Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dongwan's Old Diary Entry

Dongwan-My Beloved Diary

Always had this feeling that among Shinhwa's 6 members, Kim Dongwan has the least distance from fans. He loves to write his diaries on the official website, recording one's joy and telling his pains..With wrinkles slowly climbing to the corners of "Uncle Wan's" eyes, he hate that he appears strong on the outside but is sullen inside him, he hates that he puts is a smiling mask......But in our eyes, Dongwan is already not an idol who's far beyond reach but a perfect lover who can accompany us by our sides and spend a lifetime together. Everyone of us is willing to give him our greatest pamper/love.


I don't have the exact pic in the article..n didnt scan the mag coz it's not for loan so I only have a black/white photocopy

Chapter 1: To Mother

My father passed away due to illness when I was still a young child. Although I did not live wealthily, being together with the whole family is ordinary yet very joyful. Since young, I've grown up in an environment full of family members so, like in the past, I have many bad habits in ettiquette. Thus, everyone says I've been spoilt by many people.

There was once when I fought with a neighbour older brother and after my mum found out, she asked me very angrily why I acted that way. Being very ignorant then I told her, "He teased me saying I am a kid with no father." Thinking about it, I was really sensitive to that type of jokes then. Thankfully, after my mum knew the truth, not only did she not scold me, instead she pat me on the pat saying softly, " Dongwan, you did well!"

I often like bringing my mum out to eat. In front of her, I will not pretend to be very happy like when I'm with others. Instead, I'll be grumbling and chattering about who I went drinking with, who I argued with, which friends I just made...Mum always said I'm like Dad when taking care of her so I have already felt that I’m an adult since a long time ago!


Chapter 2: To Destiny

Towards destiny, I have always totally believed in it without any basis. It is because bad things will always happen, just like one's life will always have complications. It's arranged by fate that I joined the entertainment industry. During school times, I formed a band for the first time and wanted to become a singer. Then, I wanted to also become an actor so I went to study at an acting institution. With a friend who also wants to be a singer, I went for auditions and failed 8 times.

Thinking that I'm not fated to be an entertainer,I met a man who claimed to be a director from SM company on my way to University one day. My first thought was that he must be a swindler because he did not look like a decent man yet very fierce-looking so I did not pay attention to his offer. However, after failing subsequent auditions as well, I suddenly thought of that person and decided to give him a call. Never did it cross my mind that he really was a director and is in fact H.O.T.'s Planning Director. Completing the last audition, I was selected to become a member of Shinhwa. I remember something Director said, " If you are in Shinhwa, it definitely will succeed!"

Chapter 3: To Her

Very strangely, I only like those women who dislike me. When I was with my girlfriend last time, we will quarrel occasionally but I merely just follow whatever she says/thinks even if I do not like it myself and be troubled silently. Eventually, after repressing for too long, we broke up. I am always waiting for a person who can say affectionate words that will send goosebumps throughout me and make me act lovey/whiny (really don't know how to translate ??: whining in the cute way?) My dream for the future is simple, that is, to have a normal family. That is good enough. Now I want very much to get married and have a kid and in the future be a family-type artiste.

Chapter 4: To Myself

When doing activities together with the group members, people would always notice those with outstanding behaviour/performance so I am the one in charge of livening up the atmosphere..I like laughing and pretending to be an old man because when I do this, the people around me will feel happy. Being blood-type O, my character is very frank, kind to everything/everyone and can engage well with strangers in a very short time. But there are other times when I'm only pretending to be open yet it is actually not easy to be close and interact with people.

If I did not become an artiste, I could have become a mechanic. Previously, I seriously thought of studying in a Mechanics school so if I did go, now I would have become a professional mechanic repairing cars, cameras and machines. Back in school, I won 3 to 4 awards for my inventions, awards for Recorder Team and ScienceBox Team and even represented the school for competitions. I remember when I first got an award, Mum was so happy that she celebrated for me and from then on I secretly set my determination to get more awards to make her happy.

Source:惟炜杰 (Wei Wei Jie)@ a taiwanese mag
Credits of trans: femaki84@s-shinhwasarang.net

No comments: