Wednesday, November 22, 2006

[Trans] It's the best to receive recognition for hard work.


17th Nov 2pm at KBS Hall. Singers preparing for the recording of MusicBank are rehearsing. JunJin, who is standing with the audience, was anxious about his first performance after debuting as a solo singer. He kept shifting positions while looking at singers such as Kim Tae Woo (G.O.D) and Sung Shi Kyung doing their rehearsals. After SS501 started performing their dance track, JunJin shockingly stood up and shouted to his manager, "Ah~ I want to go on stage soon. How many singers are there left before it's my turn?"

▶"I only released my solo album after these 2 years of practising, because I really want to sing."
Nowadays, JunJin is especially cheerful. "The feeling I am experiencing now is like when Shinhwa was making our first debut. Although it's tiring, I can't help but desire to stand on stage whenever I see it."

On the 16th, JunJin released his first solo single. The single consist of a ballad track "Love Won't Come" and middle-tempo "Even after 1000 times" and vintage dance track "Comeback". JunJin infused a different kind of feeling into this album. He brings his CD along with him wherever he goes, and when he meets fellow singers, he would write messages on the cd, give it to them as a present, and request politely for them to listen to it.

JunJin had a few opportunities to debut as a solo singer. "If I were to debut in the form of dance or rap, I could have released a solo album 3~4 years ago. But I was very ambitious to display something which I have not done so in Shinhwa. Because I wanted to sing, these 2 years I had been practising conscientiously.
▶"Messages like 'I witnessed your efforts' make me happiest"

Everyday he goes to the practise room to sing, and he would record the singing and listen to it day and night to find out which parts require improvement. In this way, JunJin spent 2 years practising singing. Solo single hit song "Love Won't Come" affirm his hard work and dilligence. The charm displayed by his "nose voice" was better than expected. Singer Lee Seung-Chul who listened to JunJin's live performance was very surprised and he asked, "It's not rap?"

"I think it's still early to talk about my singing skills. But to compare my recording with my practice, to compare yesterday's performance with my recording, and to compare today's performance with yesterday's performance, I sense myself maturing gradually and I am very satisfied. Compared to this single, I believe I can do even better for the next album."

JunJin is a singer who believes that hard work is more meaningful than anything else.
"Unlike the past when only the Shinhwa fans leave messages of encouragement, this time the anti-fans also split into 2 groups. Even those people who are not Shinhwa fans left behind messages such as 'I witnessed your efforts', so I am very happy."
▶During Shinhwa's 5th-7th album activities, he suffered from a psychological disorder of being scared to mingle with people due to the hurtful messages left by the anti-fans

On the outside JunJin seems cheerful and strong, but he's actually very easily hurt. His manager who had spent all these years with him said, "The album cover which featured JunJin lowering his head and sinking into his thoughts is most similar to JunJin that I usually know."

"When Shinhwa just started, the entertainment circle is very similar to now, and there were many hysterical anti-fans. I am a person who trust people easily and I am never one to pretend or act, and I even wondered "Can't an artiste have a girlfriend?" and "Can't an artiste drink [wine/beer]?" After all the news were published in the press, what were considered as daily normal activities to others suddenly made it seems like I am the only one who was leading an undisciplined life."

JunJin who has experienced many different issues had a period of time in his life when he was afraid of facing people. "During Shinhwa's 5th to 7th album, it feels hateful to even see a camera, needless to mention meeting people. It was to the extent where I just disliked everything. It was unbelievable. Even the more mature fellow singers in the waiting room who saw me, asked others, "Why is his eye expression so uneasy?"

JunJin was able to overcome all these because of his father Charlie Park and his family members.
It was because he thought, "I must do well" "I must not disappoint people"
▶"Even though it's tiring, because it's my dream, I still feel happy"

JunJin recovered his confidence through Shinhwa's 8th album activities and the Asia Tour, and he found the feeling to be back on stage again. "During the tour, I specially stood on a solo stage because I wanted to get use to not having the Shinhwa members by my side. Doing this in front of a large audience has helped me a lot."

JunJin who always "tried his best to dance and sing on stage", while walking towards the stage, will joked with other singers, "Wait for your death", showing his good mood nowadays.

"From Shinhwa's 1st album till 8th album, I always wanted to work as a "singer" instead of a rapper or dancer.. Now this dream has came true. Because I tried too hard to dance, now my joints are hurting as if they had been poked by needles." He joked, "But this is what I wanted to do really, and my dream has finally came true, no?" With the sunny smile on his face, he completed this interview.

Credits: o-six for original article + bestshinhwa for chinese translations + ||sOpHiA*@s-shinhwasarang

No comments: