Monday, November 27, 2006

JunJin, "The real side of JunJin nowadays."

Shinhwa Member JunJin has debuted as a singer and released his solo single "Love Won't Come". Although there were already solo singers who debuted from groups, such as Lee HyoRi, Son HoYoung, Park Jung Ah, Shin HyeSung and Lee MinWoo from Shinhwa, JunJin's solo transformation still embodies an entirely different significance. This is because of his transformation from a rapper in the group to becoming a singer.

#1. After watching Se7en and Rain, he was agitated.

JunJin's determination to do his solo activities originated 3 years ago. The reason was simple. After watching other artistes appearing as solo singers, he also developed the thinking of "I want to do this too." This feeling intensified after he saw other junior singers. "When I see Se7en or Rain, I would have the mentality to compare. I would sometimes think 'If I was also like that at that age...' But after thinking again, I felt that this mentality was wrong. I can still be successful now, and I can still develop my progress. Even if it's a little, but if I could learn when I am still young, I will be able to enhance my abilities in future." Although he had always wanted to learn singing, in fact, he has only started for a few months. Even when he just started learning, JunJin went into the recording studio like a "shivering" rapper.
"Until one year ago, I was still very nervous. But I still sang a ballad verse while Shinhwa was doing "Once in a lifetime" activities this year. During the Asia Tour, I also performed a full song. Gradually, I felt that the effect was quite good."

#2. Would like to display my usual self

The response obtained from the public was better than expectations. Recently during his solo performances on stage, even male students were cheering very loudly for him. Hence, JunJin felt like he was filming "Dream Team" again. JunJin was thankful that he was able to bring such a surprise to the audience.

But there is still a question. If JunJin wanted to become a singer, wouldn't it be easier to become the "Justin Timberlake" or "Usher" of Korea? His song title which used a polite form of speech also gave the impression that it was too formal and unfamiliar.

"When it comes to my portrayed image, wouldn't it be more suitable if I used "Love Won't Come!" or "Why didn't the love come!" instead? (laughs) Everyone else says this, but I am actually not like that."

**note: "Sarangie Oji Anayo" is the polite form of saying "Love Won't Come" in Korean.
"Love Won't Come!" and "Why didn't the love come!" is a more aggressive way of saying it, which kind of suited JunJin's portrayed image all these while. Hence, people were curious when he didn't do so.

JunJin's co-workers often says, "The Shinhwa member who is most different on and off the camera is JunJin." About the release of his single, JunJin felt that it was a "God-given opportunity." In order to inject more of his true self into this album, he works his hardest.

"I didn't set a standard, and I didn't undergo vocal training. I kept asking WheeSung and Fany to coach me alone, because I wanted to find a voice that truly belong to myself."

All his practice of singing different genres of music such as rock and R&B has became "JunJin's Repertory". JunJin, who treat this as his "capital", is currently planning the blueprint of his official 1st album.

#3 A thorough professional

JunJin who usually don't apply make-up and skin lotion has became a true professional due to his solo activities. Because he had to go on TV shows, he went to search for TV programmes that he participated 2~3 years ago and re-watched them so as to familiarise himself with that "feeling". His health had been affected due to his busy schedule, but he still felt that it was interesting to go on TV shows.

"Today my work only ended at 5:30am this morning. Although I know that I can sleep immediately when my manager drives me home, but I would insist on going online the Internet for 2~3 hours everyday when I am alone." When he sees negative replies, he tries to look for useful solutions because he wants to find a way to alleviate the tremendous stress that he's facing. "There was once when (Kang) Ho-Dong Hyung also faced this. He said 'Why look at those negative replies, get yourself affected, and spoil your plans in the end?' I felt that this sentence was quite true, so after that I only watch stuff that would really help me, and I improved."

However, he gradually realised that it was necessary to also "hide" his sadness towards some things. Although I thought "I don't want to live like that", but because of the environment he is in, JunJin also needed "packaging". Even so, he said, "I still want to find my own style of music different from Rain, Se7en and Min-Woo Hyung." "I really did not know how to sing in the past." "There was much improvement in my acting" JunJin who spilled out these thoughts was still truthful and straightforward like he has always been.


Coming year 2007, JunJin will be planning his own career, such as TV dramas, his official 1st album, and even his solo concert. To JunJin who has debuted for 9 years, his clear awareness of himself, his honesty like a normal person, and his thorough professionalism, all these will become his endless driving force.

Credits: o-six for original article + bestshinhwa + ||sOpHiA* @ s-shinhwasarang

No comments: