Sunday, April 06, 2008

[08.04.01][fan recap] Eric: "Do you know? It's not over between us."

*excerpts off a fan recap on Eric's Chinese fansite....and added some details of my own that i could remember of the concert...

and still fighting back my tears as i write this.... *


We have spent 10 years with Shinhwa unknowingly, and to commemorate this special day, they held their last concert before army enlistment on 29/30 March. I haven't seen Shinhwa together in a long time, I wonder how they would appear in front of us. Everyone was all looking forward to it.

When I got to the venue I was shocked by the number of fans, everyone was in huge groups, and there were more than 20 travel buses parked there. You can just imagine the extent of Shinhwa's popularity.

The press conference venue was packed with reporters from China, Korea, Japan and Thailand. When Shinhwa made their entrance all the reporters got into a little frenzy, saying that the water bottles and the flowers got in the way of their phototaking. But the Shinhwa members were very accommodating, and kept making fun of each other during the Q&A session.

After the press conference ended, it took some time for the reporters to move towards the concert venue. The huge arc stage had the 10th anniversary logo on it. It's unbelievable that it's already been 10 years, has it really been 10 years? The excitement of the fans as they entered the venue just proved that Shinhwa is still Shinhwa, many fans are still loving and supporting them.

After a short video clip was played, Shinhwa made their entrance dressed in black, and started off their performance with Throw My Fist, Hero and Shooting Star, followed by their trademark greeting.

"Annyeong haseyo, urineun Shinhwa imnida!"

What followed were some rather sombre words.

Eric: "Don't you think it's strange? It's not the last time today, and it's not the end. Even if we cry it's not because we're sad, and not because we're leaving, but because we have your care and concern all along, and it's because we feel your love. Do you know? It's not over between us."

Hyesung: "I've seen many seniors holding their 10th, 15th anniversary concerts, and I've always felt envious of them to be able to perform for such a long time when I attended their concerts. But other than that I didn't really feel anything else. Now that we're on our own 10th anniversary stage with the fans who love us, and to be able to share our happy and sad moments with you for the past 10 years, I realised that it's a really happy thing. I'm really nervous standing here now, and I've having mixed emotions too, but I'm really very happy. Do you feel the same way as me? Shinhwa is really precious to me, so let's keep it this way. Let Shinhwa stay on forever ok? The Shinhwa that will never change."

Andy: "It's been 10 years. Firstly I want to thank our members, next I want to thank you the fans, you are the ones who allowed Shinhwa to create the 10 year legend. We don't want to be just be Shinhwa for 10 years, we want to be Shinhwa forever. I believe you can make this happen. We will never end."

Minwoo: "Today, just for you, and for us, we will do our best."

Dongwan: "I really want to sing today. Two months ago I had my solo stage, and I felt the warmth from your support. Thank you for giving me that warmth. I really want to sing for you."

Junjin: We've changed a lot in the 10 years we've been together, we've matured from boys to men. I really can't believe that it's already been 10 years."

At the end of the concert, perhaps moved by the fans who refused to leave the arena, Shinhwa members took the stage one last time, and performed I Pray 4 You one more time. After that a compilation of video messages were played, and the members sat down on the stage watching quietly, and when they turned around to face the audience we could all see that their eyes were red.

Soon after the cake rose from a platform and as the fans sang a birthday song for them, followed by Once In A Lifetime for them, they started to break down. Andy who broke down earlier in the concert, cried again; Hyesung choked as he spoke to the fans; Minwoo tried to compose himself by taking deep breaths but even that couldn't stop his tears from flowing as he gave Hyesung a big hug; despite keeping his smile on, Dongwan was also trying to fight back his tears; Junjin spoke quietly as tears streamed down his face; and the usually composed Eric gently brushed away tears from the corner of his eyes as he spoke.




The members asked, "We'll be back, do you trust us? You'll wait for us, won't you?" And at this moment, the fans seated on level 3 used different coloured paper to display the message "Kidarilkeyo (we will wait for you)". And as the song ended, Shinhwa left the stage, and the last concert before the temporary separation ended amidst the fans' voices and tears.

As unwilling as we are to part with them, we have to trust them, if they say they'd be back, they will definitely be back.

Source: jasmine, ent.tom.com / love-ric.com
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz
__________________

No comments: