Sunday, April 13, 2008

[08.04.07][trans] 10th anniv site Production Note 14: Note from Eric



In the lyrics booklet of the 9th jib it wrote there that the lyrics to Freestyle #1 will be unveiled at a later date.
That's because the track was originally planned to be an interlude or skit to Minwoo's song.
Although I feel that it's not really necessary to have the lyrics to that
But since it said in the lyrics booklet that it will be unveiled later, I'll be unveiling it in a moment~

Although this album holds many different meanings to everyone, and extremely meaningful to everyone,
It feels even more special to me.
When we were back in SM we nervously did our first recording in the Ilsan recording studio.
We were very lost, very nervous, we learned a lot, we waited for a long time...
Compared to the rappers, the vocals had more parts to work on,
When we head for the Ilsan studio in the morning now
Exchanging glances with the dongsaengs, I'd recall the memories of us playing around.
It was amazing to see the recording studio and the equipment for the first time,
My most respected sonbae Yoo Young Jin personally came to the studio to do directing...
I've seen him on TV, from the days of cassette tapes to the CD era
He whom I've known through his music
Was in the same studio separated by only a glass door
When he gave me instructions over the talk box
It was really, ah... Now I'm really a singer... I could feel the reality of it setting in.
And when I listened to my MD (the popular storage media meant to replace the CD back then) with the completed songs
There was no other feeling that could compare to it, even now the feeling still remains very vivid.

Since then, 10 years have passed.
We're still making music now, and we're still working happily.
Our personal skills have undoubtedly improved,
And we have more time than we did back then when we were on our toes every moment.
And we naturally developed a distinctive style in Shinhwa's music.
Actually Shinhwa's music style is a gift from Yoo Young Jin sonbae
So I'm still very grateful to him.
That's to say that we developed the current Shinhwa style after the 6th jib,
We tried a lot of new things because sonbae couldn't possibly add to our style forever.
Of course there were many clashes of opinions between the members,
And also some difficulties that we faced because of personal activities.

When we moved to the new company and were all feeling lost because we faced new problems,
We received the unforgettable Daesang from each and every fan...
At that time whatever problems we had with the company or the members all disappeared.
Honestly from the bottom of my heart,
The members, led by me and Minwoo, worked very hard together to put out Minwoo's song 'Oh.
Of course I still like 'Oh' very much now, and though I feel that it was a pity that we couldn't have had more follow-up activities for that,
I really thank Director Park Kwon Young and other GOOD colleagues who calmly explained and analysed the situation to each and every member.

Although I still feel for my work, but there has never been a piece of work that I've been 100% satisfied with.
It's already been 10 years, and this time it feels rushed too.
Did we have to wait for one whole day?
When it came to my part, I wanted to be more efficient,
But in actual fact after finishing up on the work, I'd miss those times when I was working...
I was very worried when there were delays because the members were not feeling well...
Although we always would still persevere until the end, but this time the members and the GOOD colleagues stuck it out because of the concert too, it's been tough on you all.
I especially want to thank Minwoo, Chang Un hyung, Bong Gu hyung who lasted until the day before the rehearsal without a change of clothes for 4 days in a row,
And the dongsaengs Woo Young, Il Ho, Han Na, Jong Hyun, Sang Hyun.
This time it's still not something I'm 100% satisfied with,
We all know there's nothing that can make the fans 100% satisfied.
But if there's a time when we can release an album that satisfies everyone 100%
That perhaps would be Shinhwa's last album.

I was very moved during the 10th anniversary concert,
Now I'm holding the very meaningful 9th jib limited edition with the hologram serial number 1, but even though I'm very moved,
I'm still feeling some regrets...
"How nice it would be if we released our 10th album during our 10th anniversary?" I thought about that before.
But looking at it now...
That we seem to be making up for 1 in the future and leaving a void now.
Just like when everytime work arrived in the past...
It was really... I already hated big CDs to begin with...
When I got it I gasped! It's really big...
The paper quality is not of the standard of photobooks... but it contains the photobook for the CD? I do feel this way.
No matter what though I can't squeeze it into my CD rack,
But it's big enough for me to place it with the photobook on my bookshelf, that's not too bad ^^

PS. I thank all the fans who gave me the music production tools for my birthday this year.
Although I couldn't celebrate it with everyone as I had something on,
But I've already received the two presents the MV8800, MOTIF XS, and with them I wrote songs that I'm really satisfied with.
Thank you~


Yours truly, Mun Jung Hyuk

Source: www.shinhwa10th.com
Chi trans: 韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to read this part, Note from Eric.
This has helped out the fan like me to know in real what worries him, his dreams, his ambition, his care and love toward the members and all the people around him.
I did feel the same way as he did; that they are supposed to produce 10th album on their 10th anniversary to mark out Shinhwa yearly produced album; however everything does not turn out as we plan. After all I feel that Inspiration # 1 could be counted as 9th album and this one is their 10th. It should be like this. So that would leave Eric feel relieved. Further I wish that there will be a special edition on this 10th album to be inclusive with 'behind the scene' or 'the making', photo shooting, and everything as the previous one since I wanna see them in real condition, eventhough there is not subtitle, I am always moved by their sincere laugh, smile and fun of each other. I could play it many many times though I do not understand their chat and jokes, but the sincere way they show impressed me.
I personally hope that Shinhwa members could stay together longer, and I am convinced of it as all the members have the same goal despite they are busy fighting each other (like what Hye Sung Shi said during the filming)that they forget who their opponent is... in this case new boy band.
Good luck Shinhwa! May God bless you all and hope to see you within short.

Flor said...

thanks Jade for the wonderful comment. feel the same way, and these guys really made me realize what being FRIENDS is really all about. no matter what the problem is, good or bad, friends stick it out together like family since they are really extension of one's family. thanks again, hope i can share this comment to everybody.