Sunday, April 20, 2008

[08.04.17][trans] ASTA Thai edition April08 - 'Hotline to my Sexy Boy : M Lee Minwoo'

Hotline to my Sexy Boy, M - Lee Minwoo





When speaking of "Lee Min Woo," the sexy boy of Shinhwa, we can always expect to see his latest "trend" for it tends to be different every single time. From stage performance and music styles to the most fashionable outfits, M can always heat up the atmosphere! Now that "Explore M" is also released in Thailand, all the Thai fans out there still respond with such great support as always. The thing is that, would he ever realize of how special he is, according to the Thai fans? let's ask him in person!

Q: Do you know that your latest album is out now in Thailand? And that you've been received such great support from the all-time (Shinhwa's & M's) fans?

M: Hah? Really?? Umm.. I'm so glad that my album is released in Thailand, too. Please take this album in your consideration, it would be nice if it achieves a huge response from the fans.


Q: Please describe this album a bit, for those who are still unfamiliar with your music.

M: When I was debuting with the group, I was characterized as a cute boy. Now that I have my solo works, I have to be more mature. As for this album, it is like I have discovered my true self and of course my music style is also become more mature as I received many compliments from seniors and friends. Such compliments are my inspiration and strength that urge me to keep making great music.


Q: Was there any obstacle during the making process?

M: When speaking of "creation," there's no such thing as "easiness." I try to have fun with my work as well as experience the most of it at the same time.


Q: Why "Explore M"?

M: It drives you crazy, makes you dance to it, and makes you scream it out loud! ... Hahaha it was the 2007 Christmas Concert's concept and also in 'Play My Song' lyrics. What I meant is that it would drive you crazy with the music style which makes you want to dance to it and scream/shout my name, M, out loud, too.


Q: What is your favorite track?

M: It's the song I just talked about, Play My Song, which I featured with "Drunken Tiger JK," and also The M Style, which I had Epik High's Tablo help me out. It was fun!


Q: Is there any romantic track for your girls out there?

M: The romantic pieces are in "The Sentimental Reason," the mini album released after this album. My favorite track is "Sarangiran Yebbeun Toogeulja." It gives you a Spring breeze when you listen to it. Not only the flowers, but Spring is also the time for love to blossom/bloom as well.


Q: That's right! You are in the middle of the mini album promotion period. So, what have you been up to now?

M: Yes, I've been busy with 2 concerts lately, one of my own and one for the 10th Anniversary of Shinhwa.


Q: They say that you always surprise the fans with your music style, and also the stage performance as well. Everyone will always look forward to seeing you on stage. How do you feel?

M: I like it, though. Enthusiasm from the fans can always make me happy regardless of where they are from, Thailand or else.


Q: How was the concert last year, then?

M: The climax was the mid part entitled as M Bar. It added a musical feeling to the show.


Q: How do you feel about being called "The Sexy Boy"?

M: Oh!! That good?! Well, it feels good when people call me that. At least, it's better than not showing any expression at all because that would give me an uncertain response, which I would be optimistic about it (and think that they do like my show) anyway hahaha.


Q: What is this Sexy Boy's daily routine, then? We're curious.

M: I'm no different from others. If not staying home and listening to music, then I would meet up with some friends in the evening or go to the fitness. Oh! I've been addicted to Play Station recently, the Winning game, to be specific.


Q: When will you visit Thailand? The fans miss you so badly right now.

M: I would really love to visit, but due to the hectic schedule, I cannot confirm anything. I really want to be close to the Thai fans and I will surely organize such great concert for you. Please wait for me, then.


Q: Given one day with Thai fans, whhow would you like to spend the day?

M: Anywhere would do! There're many interesting places to go. I want to go to places where youngsters gather, such as restaurants, clubs and shopping complex, too!!! (Ed. >> we'd be more than happy to assist you to shop around.)


Q: To wrap up, what would you like to say to the Thai fans?

Ans. I'd like to thank those of you who support the latest album of mine. If you have a chance to listen to the mini album one, please give "Back to the Funk" a shot. It contains those funky and catchy rhythm. You will love it!


... (* Editor Talk)

credit: ASTA Thai edition Arp 2008 (source), shinhwathailand.com (scan), N @shinhwathailand (Eng trans), shinhwa.biz

No comments: