Thursday, November 18, 2010

[Cyworld interview] The original idols Shinhwa: The return of Shin Hyesung and Eric! (Pt 1 of 2)

Although activities are important for groups
The teamwork between members is most important
Always talking things out and solving problems
Is how the team can keep on going for a long time


Hello to all the Cyworld members!

Hi everyone I’m Shin Hyesung. I’m releasing my digital single after such a long time,
And all of us are really happy about it. Though the weather’s turning colder, I hope everyone will have a warm winter while listening to my song.

Hello to all the Cyworld members, I’m Eric. It’s been a long time since I greeted everyone, glad to see you again.
The weather has turned a lot colder, I hope everyone will take care not to catch a cold and take care of your health.

Tell us about how you ended working together on this song and tell us more about your new song “Hello and Goodbye”

> Shin Hyesung
The release of the album coincided with Eric’s discharge from military service, so I suggested that we work together and he readily agreed to help me out, and that’s how we ended up collaborating on this project. Although he’s busy with various projects, he chose to work on the song first and I thank him for that.

This single “Hello and Goodbye” is written by composer Kim Geon Woo and lyricist Kang Eun Kyung. The song is about a sad love story that begins with “Hello” and ends with “Goodbye”, and is a medium tempo ballad. I feel that it’s a song that’s very suitable for the winter season. In addition, with Eric featuring on rap, the song becomes even better.

What Shin Hyesung and Eric have been up to during their hiatus

> Shin Hyesung
Because of the Japan concert in June and the Asia fanmeeting tour, I met many overseas fans from China, Taiwan, Thailand and other countries, and I also participated on the OST for the movie “The Invincible”. Lately I’ve been working on producing the digital single as well as the concert in December. I’ve also been recording for the 4th album due for release in January next year. With this digital single and the concert, I think Korean fans will be able to see me more often.

> Eric
As you know I’ve been serving my military duties as a public service officer and I was discharged just recently. I spent my spare time reading scripts for various projects. Now I’m in the midst of filming the drama “Poseidon” which will be aired early next year.

How do you feel about the idol groups currently active now and do you have any advice for them?

> Eric
Looking at the juniors, I think that they’re really very talented. They’re good at dance and singing, and idol groups have even extended their activities to dramas and variety. Of course activities are important, but I think teamwork between members is most important. Always talking things out and solving problems, that’s how a team can go on for a long time. I hope all of them can continue to be well-loved and become long-running groups, and not just stars who sparkle for a short while.

Credits: Cyworld + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: